FirstFed Financial Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Loan Processor - Mortgage
at FirstFed Financial Corp.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Family
- Originations Support - Sales Support
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
We’re looking for highly motivated, hard-working, goal-oriented loan processors to join our growing Mortgage team and family in Pasadena. You’ll get to work with a management team that has been in the business for 30+ years and is totally dedicated to helping you to grow in your career and doing everything possible to help you exceed your goals and expectations. CIT offers a robust benefits package including matching 401K, generous paid time off, and competitive compensation.
If you share our passion for making a difference in people’s lives by helping them achieve the dream of home ownership, we would love to meet you.
The Senior Loan Processor will be responsible for:
- Processing FHA, Conventional and Jumbo loans, verifying accuracy of documents received and reviewing loan files, to ensure all documents are received and correct.
- Current FHA processing Experience required.
- Able to determine income for salaried borrowers and basic knowledge of self-employed borrowers
- Determining which documentation is needed to complete the loan files.
- Calling borrowers, real estate brokers, and title companies to request specified documents, such as receipt for payment of outstanding tax bill.
- Contacting outside vendors and requesting necessary documents.
- Determining appropriate course of contact (phone, fax, e-mail, written request, etc.)
- Calling borrower, broker and other specified individuals to provide status updates and arrange time and date for closing.
- Handling customer inquiries, providing information regarding missing documents and loan status.
- Keeping up to date of all policies and procedures
- 5 or more years of experience with a broad understanding of all facets of mortgage loans or equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as an Associate Loan Processor, Loan Processor and/or Senior Loan Processor.
- Knowledge of Loan Processing and Underwriting.
- Ability to organize and coordinate projects.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Works well under time constraints.
- Computer literate.
- Consistency in order to ensure service levels are met