Frontier Communications Corporation.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Advanced Technical Services Supervisor
at Frontier Communications Corporation.
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
The Network Operations Supervisor will act as am Advanced Technical Services (ATS) Supervisor
Job Description and Requirements
- Work with the Triad team analyzing current challenges and resolving issues
- Work with DPI team resolving issues
- Work with IT/ OSS teams diagnosing and resolving issues
- Resolve and enhance field experience
- Drive the Service Incident Report (SIR) process for ATS team
- Values Frontier Communications mission and values and fully understands what providing the BEST ”Customer Experience” means
- Is highly customer focused and goes above and beyond to ensure a great customer experience.
- Actively listens on floor and intervenes if agent is not delivering an outstanding customer experience.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency in resolving customer impacting issue, involving other organizations as needed in resolution or escalating as necessary
- Understands the impact of Broken Promises / missed commitments and actively works to eliminate them.
- Always includes discussion of the customer when providing feedback.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to inspire the same within their team – We cannot let our customers down.
- Understands how actions can affect the business. Has ability to create a customer centric and results oriented culture.
- Understands and knows how to achieve a balanced scorecard (Field Tech calls, TSO BOLD chats, Offline Tickets, Outages / Common Cause functions, AHT, ASA, ACW, Attendance, Productivity, Adherence).
- Drives performance in team and holds self and others accountable.
- Delivers consistent results. Identifies and motivates bottom performers to achieve results. Does not tolerate poor or inconsistent performance.
- Keeps team informed of the team scorecard and how they are performing relative to other centers.
- Able to identify gaps in both technical and soft skills (empathy, patience, etc.) for self and others.
- Is open to feedback and takes action to remedy performance or behavioral shortcomings for self and team.
- Is always striving for better performance…is not satisfied with “good enough” or just meeting objectives
- Is always learning and willing to learn new things. Able to locate the answers in documents; be able to identify what is unknown, and then follow through to learn the answer
- Attends every training that is offered to their agents, as well as invests in themselves through attending Cornerstone courses/webcasts, articles, etc. Knows what they are coaching to.
- Can assess risks and make decisions.
- Ability to analyze and extricate data. Able to correlate KPI results to behaviors that will positively impact results.
- Sets objectives and expectations early and revisits them often. Committed to dealing/addressing with team performance opportunities.
- Listens with empathy during coaching sessions. Should coach on how to move a number by changing behaviors
- Is present and visible on the floor. Utilizes tools/resources for live coaching on the floor.
- Formally (and publicly) recognizes at least 1 person on team each week. Uses recognition often to encourage good behavior.
- Embrace that the job of a coach is not a 40-hour workweek.
- Hosts regular huddles with team and is an effective communicator.
- Produces quality documentation that demonstrates his/her role in helping employees be successful (Coaching sessions, PIP, discipline, etc.)
- Can articulate the “why” when coaching in reference to customer experience and behaviors.
- Develops an excellent grasp of the CBA (collective bargain agreement) and can create a partnership with the union of understanding, support and success.
- Recognize talent and encourage continued personal and professional development.
- Delivers the right combination of positive feedback along with areas of opportunity.
- Understands that not all people learn the same way and finds alternate ways to teach.
Teamwork and Engagement (peers and associates):
- Is informed about culture club events and other promotions and actively encourages participation.
- Takes responsibility for performance of the center, not just his/her own team. Addresses bad behavior even when it is outside his/her own team.
- Knows team and takes a personal interest in each individual’s success.
- Fosters relationships within immediate center by teaming with all peers.
- Volunteers to help others, both peers and subordinates, without being told.
- Fosters relationships with other organizations (I&M, DRC, Sales, Retention, Assignment, SPC, etc.). Ability to work cross-functionally to create/develop processes, procedures, or tools.
- Is Positive and Fun motivator, avoids any perception of favoritism, knows when and how to delegate.
- Acknowledge and praise desired behaviors every time they are observed even when the employee is not their direct report.
- Takes responsibility for actions. Learns from mistakes.
- Is a role model for peers and agents. Is respected by associates and peers. Leads through actions.
- Always does the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- Develops own best practices and looks for best practices from others.
- Is self-motivated. Looks for opportunities to improve performance and culture without being asked.
- Continuously “Thinks out of the box” to come up with new ideas/solutions- open to new ideas
- Not afraid to hold those difficult conversations that can lead to corrective actions.
- Has ability to separate personal issues from professional expectations
- Is confident but humble.
- Is resilient and stays positive. Will not stop searching until the question is answered.
- Ability to adjust quickly and embrace change.
- Views coaching as a team building experience and an opportunity to share and learn from others
- Understands that meeting/ exceeding his objectives IS minimum expectation. A leader doesn’t stop there, leaders make the people around them better.
- Maintains confidentiality
- Is respectful to others and helps create a respectful workplace. Follows code of conduct without fail.
- Always represents the company in the most positive terms, does not engage in negative talk about Frontier Communications or Frontier Communications’ leadership or management team (at any level).
- Is honest with team and creates an environment that not being honest is unacceptable when working for them and Frontier Communications. Following the code of conduct is paramount.
Administration/Organization/Follow Through/Meeting Commitments:
- Is timely in providing feedback. Doesn’t procrastinate or put off tasks.
- Is highly organized and well prepared. Follows through on commitments. Meets deadlines. Is dependable and can be counted on.
- Meets and/or exceeds objectives for day to day job (4x4 coaching, touchpoints, home visits, discipline, performance improvement plans, documentation, etc.)
- Ability to deal with multiple competing demands. Can manage time and set priorities to maintain performance goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in IT
- CCNA, PMP or CWNP a plus
3 years Supervisory experience managing teams of at least 20 direct reports
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.