Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Onsite Telephonic Nurse Case Manager
at GENEX Services
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Follows the Specific Client Process for Case Management. Uses clinical/nursing skills to help coordinate the individual’s treatment program while ensuring quality and cost-effectiveness of care.
• Initial review and assessment of case information and referral objectives.
• Verify employee’s job Title/Description. Do we have job analysis? If not, is it available?
• Perform three-point contact to include the following: Contact Employee; Contact Provider; Contact Employer/Adjuster/Insurer
• Objectively and critically assesses all information related to the current treatment plan to identify barriers, clarify or determine realistic goals and objectives, and seek potential alternatives.
• Maintain daily records of all contacts.
• Generate and fax, if requested, Initial or 72-hour report, including appropriateness of treatment plan and Case Management recommendations.
• Serves as an intermediary to interpret and educate the individual on his/her disability, and the treatment plan established by the case manager, physicians, and therapists. Explains physician’s and therapists’ instructions, and answers any other questions the claimant may have in an effort to facilitate his/her return to work.
• Works with the physicians and therapists to set up medical assessments to develop an overall treatment plan that ensures quality and cost-effectiveness of care while meeting state and other regulator’s guidelines.
• Researches alternative treatment programs such as pain clinics, home health care, and work hardening. Coordinates all aspects of the individual’s enrollment into the programs, and then monitors his/her progress, to ensure quality and cost-effectiveness of care and minimize time away from work.
• Works with employers on modifications to job duties based on medical limitations and the employee’s functional assessment. Helps employer rewrite a job description, when necessary and possible, to return the client to the workplace.
• Monitors/evaluates the employee’s progress.
• Supply employer/adjuster/insurer with periodic reports agreed to in original contract, but not less than biweekly.
• Provides input on the performance of support staff to their supervisor.
• Track client updates by use of daily open listing.
• Attend scheduled staff meetings and in-service programs.
• Maintaining the necessary credentials and demonstrating a level of professionalism within the work place and in dealing with injured workers reflects positively on the company.
• May assist in training/orientation of new staff as requested. Clients will provide their individual training for their specific program.
• Monitors functions assigned to non-case managers and provides input on the performance of support staff to their supervisor.
• Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION: Diploma, Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required. Advanced Degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two (2) years full time equivalent of direct clinical care to consumers/ clinical practice. Workers’ compensation-related experience preferred.
• A current, unrestricted license or certification to practice a health or human services discipline in a state or territory of the United States that allows the health professional to independently conduct an assessment as permitted within the scope of practice of the discipline; or
• In the case of an individual in a state that does not require licensure or certification, the individual must have a baccalaureate or graduate degree in social work, or another health or human services field that promotes the physical, psychosocial, and/or vocational well-being of the persons being served, that requires:
• A degree from an institution that is fully accredited by a nationally recognized educational accreditation organization;
• The individual must have completed a supervised field experience, in case management, health, or behavioral health as part of the degree requirements; and
• URAC-recognized certification in case management within four (4) years of hire as a case manager
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: See minimum Qualifications above. Pursue URAC-recognized certification in case management (CCM, CDMS, CRC, CRRN or COHN) upon eligibility. Other state licenses/certifications as required by law.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Prior Case Management experience preferred. Excellent interpersonal skills and phone manners. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to set priorities. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Computer literacy required.
Genex is an equal opportunity, at-will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Genex helps injured workers return to their jobs in a safe and efficient manner through compassionate case management, while reducing health care costs and disability expenses for our customers. At the heart of our success are more than 2,900 medical and business professionals who “make it count” by providing comprehensive care management and multicultural services from locations across the United States and Canada. Our dedicated team serves more than 380 of the Fortune 500 companies as well as the top workers’ compensation and disability carriers and third-party administrators in the U.S. In addition, Genex is the only company that delivers high-quality clinical services enhanced by intelligent systems and 360-degree data analysis to consistently drive superior results related to medical, wage loss, and productivity costs associated with claims in the workers’ compensation, disability, automobile, and health care systems.
We attract and retain the industry’s best talent at every Genex location because we invest in our team. We offer our employees and their families benefits that provide protection and enhance quality of life. Genex’s comprehensive compensation and benefits program includes competitive salary and incentive program, medical, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401(k) with company match plus 100 percent vesting after 90 days, and a flexible work schedule. In addition, we offer a continuing education program accredited by the certifying boards for CCM, CRC and CDMS for our nursing and vocational positions.
If you have skills and motivation to “make it count” at a company that makes a difference in the lives of others, we invite you to join our Talent Network and explore career opportunities at Genex.
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
- Share job opportunities through Social Media or email