Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gensler Architects
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationship in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines – from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retails, technology and more. Whether we are refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
Gensler Consulting is seeking a Workplace Strategist to join our practice area working on a range of high profile client accounts with a particular focus on partnering with our Workplace/Interiors practices. A successful candidate will have academic and professional experience in workplace design/planning, ideally with additional skills in business strategy development, real estate strategy, change management and/or workplace planning and analysis. Candidate must possess outstanding analytical, communication and interpersonal skills and be an enthusiastic team player. Knowledge of architectural/ interior/graphic design is a requirement. Gensler Consulting is seeking a Workplace Strategist to join our practice area working on a range of high profile client accounts with a particular focus on partnering with our Workplace/Interiors practices. A successful candidate will have academic and professional experience in workplace design/planning, ideally with additional skills in business strategy development, real estate strategy, change management and/or workplace planning and analysis. Candidate must possess outstanding analytical, communication and interpersonal skills and be an enthusiastic team player. Knowledge of architectural/ interior/graphic design is a requirement.
What You Will Do
- Complete workplace strategy activities including: visioning, programming, test fitting, guideline and standard development
- Develop methodologies to analyze quantitative and qualitative aspects of space planning, occupancy and workplace performance for a variety of client organizations
- Translate findings into client-specific design strategies that address strategic business goals, in the areas of real estate/facilities, workplace, and organizational development
- Partner directly with workplace design teams to extend workplace/design strategy throughout project implementation
- Manage project process and oversee project teams, including directing the work of Junior colleagues with direction from Senior staff
- Lead client meetings and facilitate small to large group meetings
- Develop written and graphic presentations of data and findings for clients
- Actively participate in business development and client relationship development
- Create appropriate delivery models dependent on client resources and location
- Develop proposals, including scope and compensation/work plans
- Grow existing client relationships
- 8-12 years experience, including a minimum of 5 years direct experience in workplace strategy and/or workplace design. Skills in occupancy planning and migration planning is a plus
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Interior Design or Architecture with preference for additional education/training in design strategy, business, real estate, org. behavior
- Proven skills in information and presentation design
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent project management skills, with experience leading small teams
- Outstanding verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD, ideally proficient in Revit and modeling software
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Business Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Gensler is a global architecture, design, and planning firm with 48 locations and more than 6,000 professionals networked across Asia, Europe, Australia, the Middle East, and the Americas. Founded in 1965, the firm serves more than 3,500 active clients in virtually every industry. Gensler designers strive to make the places people live, work, and play more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
Gensler endeavors to make gensler.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Gensler is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. For more information on the following topics please click the links below: