GUGGENHEIM PARTNERS, LLC.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Institutional Client Group - Associate/Senior Associate
at GUGGENHEIM PARTNERS, LLC.
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional Associate/Senior Associate to join its Institutional Client Group, reporting to the Managing Director, Institutional Client Group. The Associate/Senior Associate is a key contributor to client satisfaction, client retention and growth of the client business via new clients and cross-selling; and therefore, has outstanding personal skills, is extremely detail-oriented and is proactive in working in a fast-paced team environment.
The primary responsibility of the individual will be to provide dedicated client service to institutional clients, as well as support the business development efforts of the team. We are seeking an energetic, self-starter who can demonstrate strong communication and analytical capabilities. The position is located in Santa Monica, CA.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Deliver superior customer service by proactively managing client needs and requests.
- Understand Guggenheim’s breadth of investment capabilities and identify cross selling opportunities
- Review and distribute client reports and other monthly/quarterly deliverables; monitor portfolios for material changes
- Perform research that will help us develop new business or support our ability to better serve our existing client base
- Support business development by coordinating and tracking prospect meetings, and requests, client meetings, sending out marketing materials, etc.
- Build/Update/Refine Excel models, templates, charts including research on potential clients, existing client portfolio data, charts for marketing materials and other performance and market detail. Utilize Excel functions and formulas to analyze portfolios (average quality, average coupon, etc); knowledge of PIVOT tables, VLOOKUP formula required
- Build, update and refine PowerPoint presentations including detailed formatting, ensuring professional appearance, accuracy, and up-to-date information
- Light analytics such as ad hoc calculations on portfolios (average quality, average coupon)
- Review monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting with Operations to resolve any issues
- Support all areas of our marketing efforts
- Assist with projects that have a high level of strategic impact
Skills & Experience Required
- Undergraduate Degree required, preferably with concentrations in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field.
- 4 – 8 years of experience in financial services industry, preferably in asset management and/or client relationship management role.
- Technical foundation to grasp various fixed income investment strategies.
- Must be willing to roll up their sleeves to perform any and all responsibilities needed to ensure success.
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized, detail oriented and extremely thorough while having the confidence and communication skills to ensure work processes are completed accurately and appropriately.
- Team oriented individual with ability to work well with diverse groups.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Located in Santa Monica office.
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $265 billion in assets under management*. Across our three primary businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services, we have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions. With more than 2,400 professionals based in over 25 offices in six countries, our commitment is to advance the strategic interests of our clients and to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity. We invite you to learn more about our expertise and values by visiting GuggenheimPartners.com and following us on Twitter at twitter.com/guggenheimptnrs.
*Assets under management are as of 03.31.2019 and include consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $60 billion.
Upon application, you will be instructed to create an account. Within this account you can view your candidate status and previously applied jobs as well as apply to new jobs. If you experience difficulties logging into your account please check the below:
- Do you have an existing account with the same email ID? In this case, please select “forgot password”.
- Clear your computer’s cache\cookies.
If none of the above are successful, please email WorkdayRecruiting@GuggenheimPartners.com for Technical Assistance only.
Please note: We are unable to respond to any non-technical inquiries sent to this email.