Hanes Brand Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Area Manager (Apparel & Intimates Retail)
at Hanes Brand Inc
- Pos. Type
- Full Time Regular
- Pos. Category
- Retail Operations
- Due Date
- Location : Street
- 100 Citadel Dr Ste 569
- Location : Zip
The Retail Operations Initiatives Manager is directly accountable for the overall optimal performance and operations of 3-5 retail outlet stores within their respective area. Accountable for achieving operating results within area (sales, customer service, conversion rate, average transaction size, marketing initiatives, store level operating expenses, shrinkage, and operating profit). Responsible for driving top line sales by overseeing the successful implementation and execution of key merchandising and marketing initiatives. Provides leadership, supervision and fundamental direction for operations to store managers and will interact on a regular basis with all store employees. Must build and maintain collaborative working relationships with all functional areas of the home office, including store operations, merchandising, accounting, inventory management, marketing, and human resources. Leads several test and learn environments including but not limited to new concepts for the Retail Chain. Responsible for overseeing store openings, closings, expansions and remodels and staffing thereof. The Area Manager will communicate with mall management staff, candidates for employment, recruiters, and other key contacts in communities within the area. Strategic, policy and procedure directions are provided by Regional Manager and or Director, National Sales. The incumbent, however, is expected to execute, implement and oversee all store activities independently and self-supervised.
Primary Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Achieve Area sales and profit objectives through ongoing monitoring and achievement of key metrics:
- Field Sales Initiative Implementation
- Customer conversion rate
- Average transaction size
- Bra fits
- Responsible for ensuring that all merchandising and marketing initiatives and tactics are fully implemented at store level. All stores must be merchandised as per the floor plans and planograms developed by the merchandising department. Areas must ensure that fixtures and hardware are being used as directed. Assist in planning the interior design of new stores, fixtures, plan-o-grams, merchandise presentation, floor plans. Stores must always maintain the merchandising presented image, look, and ambiance.
- Coordinates with Human Resources to provide sound management and employee relations through the mutual administration of established personnel policies. Writes and reviews performance evaluations and salaries of store management. Recruits store management for new and existing locations as needed. Responsible for ensuring legal and appropriate hiring practices in all stores. Responsible for the optimal staffing in every location.
- Train store personnel to follow all policies and procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements. Conduct store audits to ensure compliance of store policies, procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements. Requires store locations to be in full compliance with HBI’s Global Business Practices. Responsible for ensuring that measures are being taken in stores to prevent and detect internal and external theft.
- Oversee the implementation of all company-developed training programs for all store personnel. Training is focused on customer sales and service, product knowledge and instilling accountability in all employees. Responsible for ensuring that high levels of customer service are maintained. Training will also encompass store safety, and best practices relating operating efficiencies and productivity. Serves as a liaison between the stores and the consumer to resolve customer service issues.
- Responsible for all key communications to stores and to the Regional Manager to ensure clarity of strategies and action plans and the status thereof.
- Work with Inventory Management to ensure appropriate store level in-stock inventories at all times. Recommend products and merchandise transfers within his/her Area.
- Responsible for managing store level operating expenses, including payroll, general supplies and utilities.
- Assists in maximizing store level gross margin by monitoring markdown, discount and allowance activity in stores.
- Coordinate physical inventories at stores within designated Area. Conducts training protocol with store personnel to ensure clear understanding of physical inventory. Responsible for holding inventory shrinkage to within company guidelines.
- Maintain adequate store level inventory of price stickers, bags, hangers and office/general supplies.
- Ensures that all store equipment is operated properly and that store interior is kept in good condition.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent .
- Minimum, at least three years retail store management experience. Retail management experience required; apparel or intimate apparel experience strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to drive store teams to achieve sales objectives; ability to effectively recruit new store managerial talent; able to train management team in exceptional customer service and maintaining a professional retail environment.
- Required travel 40-50 %.
- Must possess excellent leadership/ interpersonal skills necessary to drive the business initiatives of a high-performance work team.
- Must clearly demonstrate strategic thinking skills needed to drive high performance.
- Team player with the highest degree of business ethics.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: