Hanley Wood, llc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Designer, UX
at Hanley Wood, llc.
- Job ID
- Additional Locations
- US-CA-Costa Mesa
- Be the trailblazer and a change agent for the industry by articulating strong ideas and vision for the future
- Expand knowledge of the real-estate landscape, markets, economy, data, mapping to translate to practice
- Scale product and brand strategy, design experiences and advanced interactions across our platforms
- Ship new work, caliber quick fixes, optimize all of the platforms for a seamless and low-friction experience
- Run design engagements across the horizon with cross-functional team for internal and external product
- Architect elegant design systems with diligent decision documentation to simplify decision making
- Be a design champion and a user advocate to diplomatically facilitate execution to our values and ethics
- Work independently, maintain speed and throughput, support your teammates and scout feedback
- Build relationships across orgs to facilitate trust and make time to get buy-off from other disciplines
- Model collaboration skills, guide people in processes, expand our culture, and improve efficiency
- Set expectations, work in iterative loops, meet deadlines and complete projects
- Grow and evolve with the organization and allocation, stretch in new roles and responsibilities
- As a remote team, willingness to travel and meet-up for facetime for internal and external meetings
- Experience: 2-5 years at an agency or in-house launching product, brand, interaction, service, and experience design with a learning mindset in regard of platforms (web, email, iOS, Android), 3rd party tools (Tableau, Microsoft BI), mediums (digital, print or space) and business models (sas, data, media)
- Portfolio: Documentation of beautiful consumer or business applications cross-platform with respect to understanding complex UR/UX/UI/CT systems, scale, demonstrating business and technical intel
- Education: Undergrad or grad training in HCI, Human Factors, UX/UI, New Media, interaction and experience design, with passion for emerging tracks like voice interfaces, AI, ML and so on
- UX Research & Discovery: Experience interviewing internal and external stakeholders, learning new industries and domains, inspiration sourcing, running workshops & exercises, structuring design scope, quantitative and qualitative research, visualizing clear findings and socializing learnings across the company with the razor focus on customer needs
- UX Strategy & Synthesis: Distill complicated problems into elegant solutions, understanding and communicating the technical limitations, articulating the design POV liberties behind your decisions, facilitating mapings, audits and study of multiple paths to pursue creative problems that tie to KPIs
- UX Design: Portfolio work demonstrating work with sketching, user experience wireframe flows with attention to micro-interactions, prototyping, spec-ing and testing. Translating feedback to iterate relentlessly, knowing how to address objections and questions, generate and prioritize concepts, refined aesthetic and polished execution, push the limits of interfaces, work with and expand upon the design system, and managing the backlog. Own brand consistency and reinforce our brand and personality, balance big picture thinking with delightful execution and uphold quality.
- UX Writing: Drive content strategy, audits, taxonomies, creative writing, voice and tone. Guiding creative writing for editorial, marketing, support, sales teams in creating systems and corporate culture
- Design Lifecycle: Own complete end-to-end solutions throughout the build cycle from sprint to release through phases of research, conception, execution to hand-off of assets and requirements, supporting excellence all the way through QA to go live
- Design Community: Life-long learner following industry leaders and sharing best practices along the way
- Teaming: Detail oriented, organized, clear communicator, self-starter, participatory, flexible, open-minded optimistic, generative, visionary and open new ideas and ways of working, hungry to innovate
- Leadership: Radiate information, make intros and connections, model culture and creative values in the organization, be the team ambassador on projects, helpful in design crits and reviews
- Project Management: Come prepared to weekly stand-ups, bring your best client facing skills to meetings, be prepared to work and learn, set deadlines, take notes and ownership of next steps. Execute meticulously in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity. Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Tools: Awesome in Figma, Sketch, Adobe, Invision, tinkerer & always exploring
- Top-of-the-line salary
- 401K and competitive benefits
- $3K in education benefits
- Field work at company events
- Regular offsite workshops across the country
- Annual team retreat
- Work from home culture
- New tools and hardware
- A vast new network outside of design
- Growth platform: regular 1:1 time and ongoing feedback from leadership
- Peace of mind corporate benefit package
- Time off: vacation, extra holidays, short days
Meyers Research | Metrostudy is growing. Grow with us. Meyers Research | Metrostudy combines experienced real estate and technology advisors with leading data to provide our clients with a clear perspective and a strategic path forward. We're a smart, diverse, and close-knit group of creative problem solvers. You'll apply breadth and depth of knowledge and vision to shape our industry. Every job comes with fantastic benefits, perks, and tools to make you successful and you'll work in a culture of respect and collaboration. Join us. We'd love your help.
Follow us on Social Media