IMI Precision Engineering
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Lean Manager - Americas
at IMI Precision Engineering
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- IMI Critical Engineering
IMI CCI is the world's leading expert in providing engineered valve, actuation, and control solutions that enhance performance and reliability in critical plant applications. Power generation, oil and gas production, petrochemical, and pulp and paper facilities worldwide all rely on IMI CCI’s high integrity control systems for the safety of their operations. With more than forty years of providing critical service applications to clients, IMI CCI has nearly 2200 employees worldwide and revenue of approximately $600 million. This global organization has manufacturing facilities in the United States, Mexico, China, Switzerland, Sweden, Austria, the Czech Republic, South Korea, and Japan; sales and services offices in over fifteen countries and representatives in over sixty other countries. The company has grown aggressively over the past fifteen years as a result of both organic and acquisitive (SULZER, BTG, STI, FluidKinetics, ABJ) growth and plans to continue this pattern over the next decade.
The Regional Lean Manager is responsible for operational excellence through development and implementation of the Lean strategy within the Critical Engineering Americas' multi-site region.
This role reports to the VP Operations and will work with the regional management team to develop and execute business transformational and continuous improvement strategies
in alignment with the overall business Policy Deployment structure.
Provide lean manufacturing leadership and support to the sites within the assigned region. Serve as a regional lean expert (first among equals) with the responsibility to lead the lean improvement effort at own site while supporting and coaching the lean champions within the regional sites. Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement. The implementation of LEAN activities in IMI CCI Critical Engineering Americas region.
- Coordinate the site lean assessment process for region.
- Support sites in delivering Financial benefits of Lean Kaizen Projects
- Support the sites in Strategy Deployment - regionally
- Manage the schedule and execution of site assessments.
- Deliver Results: Lead the development of Improvement Plans with each regional site. Lead and execute the performance improvement activities within home site. Support the execution of improvement initiatives in local regional sites. Coach and support site lean resource within region.
- Provide tools and facilitate the planning activity with the management team
- Detailed weekly project review with core implementation team and leaders
- Define agenda and review key actions needed to meet plan
- Review actual completed tasks and identify countermeasures for misses
- Participate in all Daily Management Board meeting (SQDCP) to ensure process is being managed
- Help train and coach the area work team
- Ensure meaningful kpi’s at the work area level
- Conduct daily action item reviews from lean plan
- Support daily implementation activities – as needed
- Follow up on daily action items from 3 C boards – ensure disciplined closure
- Conduct regional communication meetings. Monthly project review sessions with site Lean Resource. Share best practices and success stories
- Manage regional training plan. Identify needs (individual, team and site). Coordinate training sessions (Self-led or arrange external). Conduct regular training sessions – 5S , SQDCP, TPM, SMED – as scheduled in plan
- Lead Kaizen events - Provide on-site support by leading and participating with local teams in key improvement projects. Training of team for new launch activity – as scheduled in plan.
- Document implementation activities as best practices
- Submit formal Storyboards of completed activities to share with other locations
- Lead Monthly Steering Committee Meeting
- Ensure management team ownership of implementation
- Drive aggressive agenda
- Support MD to assign actions and ownership to appropriate staff members
- Hold staff members accountable to timely execution and countermeasures for all misses
- Participate in Group Lean Training and implementation activities
- Travel to other sites to learn best practices
- Attend training activities
- Support other site implementation
- Conduct Lean Assessments at other locations
- Prepare Site for Re-Assessment
- Ensure implementation plan is being managed for execution by leadership team
- Coordinate timing and logistics for all visitors and attendees
- Manage reporting requirements. Collect site data and individual reports from each site. Organize, distribute and maintain relevant data records and reports
- Submit progress report in normal rhythms to align with operations
- Minimum 10+ years experience in a manufacturing/machining environment or similar business
- Bachelor degree in related field (Environmental, Engineering, Operations)
- Master's Degree a plus
- Black Belt Lean Six Sigma is required
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Willing to travel
- Subject Matter Expert in Lean and Kaizen activities
- Proven accomplishments; solution-focused
- Authoritative, command and strong executive presence
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-functional organization
- Proven ability to lead diverse teams all levels across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to perform with high levels of ambiguity