INLAND EMPIRE HEALTH PLAN
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Healthcare Data Analyst II - Finance: Decision Support
at INLAND EMPIRE HEALTH PLAN
Position Summary/ Purpose
Under the direction of Decision Support Manager, the Healthcare Data Analyst II – Decision Support is responsible for performing extensive data mining and abstracting of financial and clinical information from various sources. HDA II is expected to prepare, maintain, and audit data/databases necessary to perform analyses on all aspects of financial operations of the IEHP. This role has responsibilities and/or impacts the following functional areas: operations/capital budgeting, productivity reporting, monthly financial reporting for department leaders, cost accounting, productivity analyses, and financial healthcare reporting/analyses.
The HDA II must have significant experience in designing relational databases, complex query logic, and moderately complex financial/statistical analysis. In addition to having technical data concepts, the HDA will also utilize different research methods and financial concepts in designing reliable studies/analyses, determine viable technology, developing modeling solutions, and creating processes for reconciliation activities. This position also acts as a liaison with multiple department leaders in order to perform the various duties as assigned, but more importantly, to be a resource for the organization in regard to the analyses of finance operations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in the development and distribution of financial and operational management data and decision-making tools to the organization.
- Utilize combined application of business knowledge and advanced technical skills to perform and lead complex data-mining and analysis while ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the data.
- Collect, audit, and curate data from a variety of sources for purposes of analyzing and determining budgets, productivity, and financial cost.
- Prepare downloads/uploads of data files as necessary to maintain various databases and analyze data for various financial purposes.
- Use/develop sophisticated models to analyze financial and clinical data, identify trends, and develop financial reports for strategic decision making.
- Prepare standard or routine financial reports.
- Analyze and make recommendations to department leaders to improve financial operating results.
- Continually audit healthcare data and analyses and mine for opportunities to improve data and/or processes.
- Liaison between Data Science team and other departments to ensure data quality.
- Develops, distributes, and explains complex ad-hoc reports designed to identify opportunities for operational improvement, with a focus on financial, clinical, and/or productivity-based data;
- Interprets, analyzes, and presents data for all levels of leadership.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of health plan operations, clinical functions, and revenue cycle processes and be able to correlate these activities to financial and statistical results.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned by Decision Support Manager.
Master’s degree with 3 – 5 years experience required. In lieu of Master’s degree will accept Bachelor’s degree from an acrcedited four year institution with 6 – 10 years of experience.
Specialized/ Knowledge/ Skills
Data analysis, data presentation, spreadsheets, and database capabilities. Understanding of financial and/or statistical methods and experience applying financial and/or statistical methods to answer financial data questions. Working knowledge of data analysis, financial models, and preparing professional documents. Ability to present reports / data analysis findings in group settings. Demonstrated experience working with large data sets and relational database structures. Proficient in of Microsoft SQL, SAS, SSRS or other statistical applications are essential. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point required. Ability to manage multiple projects with time-sensitive deadlines is a must.
Must possess solid analytical skills that can translate the analysis into effective troubleshooting and problem resolution, frequently exercising independent technical judgment. Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines with independent judgment. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment; have the ability to multi-task; and is flexible to adjust to changing priorities. Must have ability to collect and analyze complex data.
Hiring Salary: $77,896 - $99,424
Pay rate will commensurate with experience
Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) is the largest not-for-profit Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan in the Inland Empire. We are also one of the largest employers in the region. With a provider network of more than 6,000 and a team of more than 2,000 employees, IEHP provides quality, accessible healthcare services to more than 1.2 million members. And our mission and core values help guide us in the development of innovative programs and the creation of an award winning workplace. As the healthcare landscape is transformed, we’re ready to make a difference today and in the years to come. Join our Team and Make a Difference with us! IEHP offers a Competitive salary and a benefit package with a value estimated at 35% of the annual salary, including medical, dental, vision, team bonus, and retirement plan.