Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at International Paper.
Job Reference #: 8291346
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper (http://www.internationalpaper.com) is the world’s largest paper and forest products company. Primary businesses include paper, packaging and forest products for a variety of end uses. International Paper is a Fortune 500 Company with operations around the globe.
We currently have openings for Project Engineers within our North America Container (NAC) business.
The Project Engineer is responsible for engineering and managing the installation of equipment within corrugated manufacturing facilities. This position is directly responsible to assure all capital and repair projects assigned are installed as per the project scope, schedule, cost estimate and budget and with minimum plant production interference. This position reports to the Project Engineering Lead.
This position does not require relocation to Memphis. Qualified candidates do need to live near an airport as this position requires approximately 50% travel.
- Lead the project management of multiple, concurrent projects involving installation of corrugated manufacturing equipment and/or plant infrastructure improvements. Project management includes: organizing/planning, scoping & bidding, coordination of schedule, and managing the project to fruition.
- Perform detailed engineering for installation of corrugated manufacturing equipment and/or plant infrastructure improvements,
- Travel to sites as needed to manage major and minor projects & equipment installations. Act as the subject matter expert and discussion partner to North America Container (NAC) facilities on all aspects of the corrugated manufacturing process & project implementation.
Education / Experience Required:
- BS or equivalent in engineering or related business discipline
- 3+ years corrugated box industry experience including a detailed understanding of corrugated equipment and the corrugating process are required.
- Requires understanding of engineering process for corrugated equipment installations as well as advanced project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project
- Proficiency with AutoCAD software to create, view and modify drawings for comparative evaluation and final project construction/installation; utilize AutoCAD software to create and modify plant layouts, equipment layouts & foundation drawings for contractor bid packages. Other Qualifications Required:
- Ability to manage multiple major and minor engineering projects concurrently.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to all levels of company management.
- Knowledge in mechanical, electrical, and scheduling/organizational requirements for corrugated equipment installations.
- Knowledge and understanding of contractor services – mechanical, electrical, and structural.
- Knowledge and understanding of OSHA health & safety policies and laws as they relate to the corrugated manufacturing industry.
- Personal Organization & Time Management
- Priority Setting
- Communication Skills
- Action Oriented
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Functional /Technical
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. Qualified candidates should express interest by applying online at internationalpaper.com.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.