Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CNC programmer Machinist II
at ITT Corporation
The Machinist sets up and operates a variety of machines such as lathes, mills, precision grinders, drill presses, etc., to build, construct, alter or repair prototype parts, sub-assemblies or completed units of special types of parts and devices which cannot be practically manufactured on a production basis. Working from blueprints, plans methods and sequences of machining to produce parts as needed. Lays out parts for successive machining operations, performs complicated set ups, improvises tooling when standard tooling cannot be utilized, and determines machine speeds and feeds. Checks own work for conformance to specifications.
- Machine prototype and production parts, perform production rework and some tooling fabrication.
- Set up and run all manual machines including grinders. May operate two or more machines at one time.
- Perform all machining operations to fabricate parts, models, devices and pilot production units.
- Working from blueprints, plans methods and sequences of machining to produce parts complete as needed to conform to specifications.
- Inspects own work per drawing requirements.
- Lays out parts for successive machining operations. Makes necessary tooling. Determines machine speeds and feeds.
- May be required to provide technical assistance and instruction to lower classifications.
ITT offers a very attractive benefits program. Our employees enjoy medical and dental coverage, 401K savings plan, life insurance protection, sickness and accident income protection, a generous vacation and holiday program, a tuition reimbursement program, and a program that allows you to use tax-free dollars to pay for many health care and dependent care expenses.
ITT designs and manufactures highly engineered critical components and customized technology solutions, headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., with employees in more than 35 countries. The company has sales in approximately 125 countries.
ITT's Control Technologies, headquartered in Valencia, Calif., provides fuel management, actuation, noise abatement and vibration isolation components to the aerospace industry and customized and standard products for precision motion control, energy absorption and vibration isolation for industrial markets.
Req ID #
ITT Aerospace Controls
Requirements & Skills:
- Must be able to set up and operate a variety of manual machines such as lathes, mills, precision grinders, drill presses, and punch presses.
- Must be able to make a variety of parts working from blueprints, job specifications, hand drawn sketches and/or verbal instructions.
- Must be capable of working within tolerances of .0002” in a high-pressure, fast-paced, quality-oriented environment.
- Must be able to perform standard shop computations (applying geometry and trigonometry) relating to angular and linear dimensions of work, tooling, and speeds and feeds of machining.
- Must be able to do own layouts in building parts; use a wide variety of machine tools, hand tools, and precision measuring instruments; and maintain and grind ordinary tools.
- Must have own basic tools such as calipers, 0 - 3” micrometers and dial indicators.
- Minimum 10 years machine shop experience as a machinist setting up and operating manual machines.
- Welding, brazing, CNC and jig bore experience helpful.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
“ITT Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements
High School or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?
Percent of Travel Required
CNC programmer Machinist II
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”