Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
R&D Engineer Manager- Coatings
at JBT Corporation
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- 4 months ago(7/1/2019 11:23 AM)
- Product Development
- Salary Range
- $80,000 - $120,000
This position will successfully manage the FPT Coatings and Cleaners New Product Development Team in order to develop new products that result in profitable growth to the Fresh Produce Technologies product line. Furthermore, the coatings manager will perform Product Improvement on existing coating and cleaner product offerings as well as provide guidance and daily supervision to the FPT Research Chemists.
- Hire, develop and retain a team of chemists to meet the current business requirements. Evaluate and plan for future needs.
- Lead and motivate the new product development team. The objective is to create and maintain a high performing team.
- Work with employees to identify self-development needs and opportunities and create and execute a training program Employees in direct line of report receive annual performance appraisals. Performance appraisals and HRIS approvals are completed on time.
- Manager holds performance discussions regularly during the year, and as needed, with employees. During the year, manager recognizes and rewards good and outstanding employee performance, and has open and honest discussions with employees requiring performance improvement.
- Participate in strategic planning and active business initiatives.
- Emerging technologies and threats are monitored and evaluated as needed for their potential to add value to or damage the business.
- New product development is based upon lab and field performance criteria, regulatory criteria, cost, and schedule requirements.
- Projects are well managed with regard to time-lines, milestones, and budgets. Projects are well documented in a timely manner and archived for future access and review. Reports include all pertinent information on technical results, costs, market plan, etc.
- Support is provided to Production to help ensure successful commercial scale-up of new products. Policies regarding issuing of formulations and production scale-up processes are followed.
- Technical training and troubleshooting field problems are provided to Tech Service, Sales, and customers.
- Open communication and teamwork with Production is.fostered to ensure product quality, including attendance at blender meetings, support with managing production errors and out –of-spec product, batch auditing, and input on improvements of blending processes. Re-work requests are supported and documented in writing per procedure.
- Team complies with lab policies and procedures, and participates in lab work-space projects as necessary
- BS in Chemistry or related field.
- Graduate degree in chemistry or closely related field.
Skills and Experience
- Eight years scientific research experience. Knowledgeable and proficient in analysis methods in related fields. Statistical software knowledge. Demonstrated ability in presentation skills.
- Research experience in polymer chemistry or produce coating development
- Research experience in postharvest produce pathology
- Knowledgeable of fruit and vegetable postharvest pathology.
- Experience in compiling and interpreting scientific data.
- Horticulture industry or customer service work experience.
- Experience in interpreting FDA regulations
- 15% - 20% domestic and international travel
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Walking and standing for extended periods.
- Physically capable of working around moving industrial machinery 50-100% of day.
- Possible exposure to hazards such as noise, heavy equipment, temperature extremes, chemicals while working in the production areas
- Moderate lifting (up to 40 lbs.) and bending when conducting lab and field trials
- Ability to travel internationally.
JBT Corporation offers the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage and 401(k) plan.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Centers at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.