Kawasaki Motors Corp., USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Quality & Compliance Specialist
at Kawasaki Motors Corp., USA
Are you looking for an organization that empowers its team members to learn, grow, and make a genuine impact? At Kawasaki, we offer this and so much more.
We have an immediate opening for a Product Quality & Compliance Specialist.
The Product Quality & Compliance Specialist researches, tracks and monitors compliance product quality subjects, assembles product quality reports with detailed descriptions, and communicates reports with Kawasaki manufacturing companies. Administrates KHI initiated field campaigns and coordinates all rework projects to complete repairs and product releases in a timely manner. Monitors, coordinates and prepares products for emissions testing to ensure products are in compliance with company, state and federal regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Closely monitors compliance related items from customers and dealers through service and warranty data. Thoroughly analyzes data, looks for trends and tendencies, develops detailed reports and dashboards, and updates information on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Contacts customers and dealers to obtain valuable information in regards to specific compliance circumstances or conditions under which failures or problems may occur.
- Provides detailed compliance reports and dashboards to KHI, KMM and KMC to help the QA teams in duplicating the subject matters that will aid the KHI engineers in developing countermeasures or action steps resulting in product improvements.
- Coordinates, participates in, and supervises all KHI initiated field campaigns and rework projects at KMC and vehicle warehouses. Administrate and maintains the VIN lists, hire temporary teams as needed, provides instructions, purchase tools/equipment to complete repair campaigns on schedule, sends release requests for repaired products and issues status reports.
- Closely monitors emissions related items through warranty data. Thoroughly analyzes data, looks for trends and tendencies, develops reports and updates on a quarterly basis.
- Coordinates, prepares products and participates in all random product emissions testing to ensure products are in compliance with company, state and federal regulations.
- Monitors NHTSA Tread Act data and reports possible trends.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent from four-year college is preferred; and minimum five years related experience and/or training in the Powersports industry and/or product quality environment; or equivalent combination of education experience.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Strong computer skills with experience working with Word, Excel, Cognos and PowerPoint.
- Ability to interpret numeric data and put the data into written, graphic, dashboard and power point reports.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with ATV’s, motorcycle’s, personal watercraft and Side-X-Side products.
- Mechanical background in ATV’s, motorcycle’s, personal watercraft and Side-X-Side’s.
- Exhibits excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully organize and prioritize multiple competing tasks.
- Extremely detail and deadline oriented.
- A good self-starter that can take initiative to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Requires a valid driver’s license, DOT certification (to drive pickup and trailer) and motorcycle license.
- Approximate percentage of travel required: 20%.
Your health and wellness are important to you – and to us. That’s why we provide a comprehensive benefits program designed for you (and your family) in mind.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Generous Time off
- Educational Assistance
- Ongoing training and development
- Team member product purchase program