Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Director, Category Marketing
at Live Nation
Who we are.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just a ticketing and technology platform, we’re the dedicated team members who work to enrich lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in our people. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create and celebrate a culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. That is why we're committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce by fostering a truly inclusive community.
We offer comprehensive health benefits, 401k matching and student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
Ticketmaster is looking for a strategic, creative and results-oriented leader to join our team to drive Category Marketing. You are excited about the chance to build and grow an evolving organization and has extensive experience with marketing and product leadership. You're a natural born collaborator, and enjoy working with a variety of teams, remote and onsite, to gather information and work towards common goals. Stakeholder management is your strong suit, and you're a pro at having a balanced, while still pragmatic approach that will challenge the status quo. You'll be able to demonstrate examples of creative and unique problem solving, particularly as it relates to fan touchpoints, channel optimization and value propositioning messaging. As an expert in customer insights, you'll have the opportunity to build strategies based on channel performance and customer analytics. Ideally, you'll be able to leverage your background in working on projects with KPIs to guide this team and inform our decisions.
As the Senior Director of Category Marketing, you will be responsible for the development and execution of multi-channel marketing programs to grow fan engagement and drive sales by category – Concerts, Sports, Arts & Theatre, and Family – and for key clients. By providing strategic, analytic and operational leadership, you will be responsible for mining opportunities and developing campaigns to engage millions of Ticketmaster Fans across our paid and owned channels. You will work closely with a number of cross-functional teams, including Performance Marketing, Creative, UX, Brand, Product and Ticketmaster Clients, to promote live events and drive ticket sales.
What the job is:
Reporting into the Vice President, Category Marketing and Partnerships, the Senior Director, Category Marketing will lead a team of direct reports to:
- Develop strategic marketing plans by category that drive sales and customer growth, including annual planning, test and learn agendas, and ad-hoc strategy
- Drive the creation and implementation of category marketing initiatives, including cross-channel marketing campaigns and activation plans, business case development, briefs for creative agencies, ensuring the creative agency and teams execute and deliver on the briefs, and measuring campaign impact
- Utilize a test and learn approach to rollout programs, build proofs of concepts and drive towards automated fan journeys to maximize fan reach and conversion across paid and owned channels.
- Serve as the primary marketing liaison to Client teams, providing consumer insights, channel performance, and audience segmentation in planning discussions.
- Support the development of client facing materials to communicate the value of marketing and weaponize spend to win client business.
- Partner with Digital Marketing in the development of deep dive performance analysis across multiple programs and channels such as email, paid search, natural search, banner ads, promotions, and paid social, synthesizing data from multiple sources to optimize category performance and ROI of marketing campaigns.
- Manage aggregation of channel analysis and reporting to develop executive summaries. Collaborate with channel managers to deliver reports and analysis of channel performance and key marketing programs. Include observations and business context to deliver actionable insights to business leads, not just data, with recommended optimization plans.
- Prepare monthly presentations of marketing results and financial tracking. Provide ad-hoc reports upon request.
- Interact with peers as well as cross-functional partners to share best practices, generate new ideas and seek continuous process improvement.
- Our job descriptions evolve with our business need and priorities. In addition to the description above, your role may include additional projects and team support as needed.
What a qualified candidate should possess:
- 10+ years consumer focused marketing experience preferably with an ecommerce company including experience with program implementation, consumer research and turning analysis into insights.
- Proven multi-channel marketing with a heavy emphasis on online and direct to consumer marketing
- Experience in developing effective consumer communications, including creative strategy and messaging
- Lots of motivation and initiative, the drive to manage projects through to completion, all with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate, influence, and persuade at all levels across the organization
- Comfortable working through a matrix structure to deliver the end solution; flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- A true team player. High energy and results oriented. Looking to make improvements and change.
- Interest in and acumen for creative with an understanding of how to work with and communicate to creative teams
- Significant experience interpreting primary and secondary consumer research; and operational, transactional, and financial data to identify customer experience issues, trends, and opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop marketing plans, business cases, and communicate succinctly.
- Solid track record in meeting or exceeding individual or team based financial goals, including return on investment.
- The ability to effectively communicate with all employee levels and levels of management.
- Motivate staff at all levels, providing individualized coaching and identifying career development opportunities
- MBA preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.