Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Engineer, Systems (Hollywood, Scottsdale, or REMOTE)
at Live Nation
Who we are.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in our people. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
You will be part of a team of highly technical Infrastructure Engineers and Architects at Ticketmaster to help design, develop, and manage our hybrid cloud. We are looking for an engineer who can focus on contributing to projects that are well governed, secure, and easy to manage.
A day in the life:
- Maintain and support existing cloud infrastructure
- Assist in the design and implementation of secure, scalable system architecture
- Assist in the design and implementation of secure, scalable containerized architectures
- Serve as a subject matter expert for AWS and system architecture
- Assist development teams in the design of new solutions
- Develop tools that will improve the ability to work with existing legacy systems
- Develop tools to manage configuration and deployment of containerized applications
- Design infrastructure and automated systems to support distributed architectures
- A focus on security, reliability, and scalability in all designs and solutions
- Collaborate with engineering teams to detect, resolve, and enhance cloud problems
- Ability to provide 24x7 on-call support, when required
- 5+ years Cloud based IaaS (AWS)
- 5+ years direct experience with the technologies and duties of the position
- AWS services (EC2, ELB, ALB, ASG, API GW, Route53, Lambda)
- Ruby, Python, Go, Bash
- Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Circle CI, Travis CI
- Docker, Container Linux, Rancher, rkt
- Documentation for projects
- Previous experience in an operations role
- Experience working within an Agile team
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Certificated
- Continuous delivery experience
- Any sort of consulting background
Not required, but would love to see:
- AWS Solution Architect certification
- Continuous Integration tool (Jenkins, Gitlab CI)
- Monitoring tools for dynamic environments (prometheus, Cloudwatch, etc)
- Container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes
- Strong competency in Terraform, Ansible, and/or Cloudformation
- Strong competency in at least one major scripting language like Python
- Strong competency in at least one major programming language like Go
- Strong understanding of Network and Infrastructure fundamentals, specifically with hybrid environments
- Familiarity with PCI and AWS security concepts
- Experience building or managing microservice architecture
- A passion for learning
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.