Long Beach City College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Academic Administrative Assistant
at Long Beach City College
5 STEPS - RANGE 32
CURRENT VACANCY: 100%, 12 MONTHS
12 MONTH ELIGIBILITY LIST
***ONLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM 10/22/19 - 10/23/19***The Career Technical Education department of the Long Beach Community College District is seeking qualified individuals for a current opportunity as an Academic Administrative Assistant! This incumbent will need to have specialized knowledge of District organization, rules, policies, procedures, operating practices and computer software applicable to class scheduling, calculating faculty loads and contracts and related functions. We are looking for someone who has obtained graduation from high school or G.E.D. equivalent. Additionally, this candidate must have five years of increasingly responsible office administrative or secretarial experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. If this describes you, we encourage you to apply for the opportunity to join the innovative and talented LBCC team!
ABOUT LONG BEACH CITY COLLEGE:At Long Beach Community College District, we celebrate equity, diversity and ensure a positive and inclusive working environment for all college students, faculty, staff, and administrators. We believe diversity fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for our students. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to hiring qualified applicants who are dedicated to student learning and success.
Long Beach City College is committed to providing equitable student learning and achievement, academic excellence, and workforce development by delivering high quality educational programs and support services to our diverse communities.
We are Purposeful, Focused, Nurturing, Connected and Respectful.
AT-A-GLANCE POSITION INFORMATION
We reserve the right to use the established eligibility list for vacancies in this classification as well as related classifications
- Type of position: Full-time, 12 month position, in the Career Technical Education department.
- Salary: Range 32, $4,563.63 to $5,623.85 Monthly
- Advanced salary placement: Generally, new employees start at the first step on the salary schedule. The selected candidate may request higher salary placement based on additional education, training and/or experience exceeding the minimum requirements.
- Benefits: The District provides medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee and eligible dependents and life insurance for the employee. Please refer to the Benefits tab for more details.
- Eligibility list: Will be valid for 12 months once approved by the Personnel Commission
For further information on the position or application process, please contact the recruiter, Evelyn Martinez, at (562) 938-4352 or email@example.com .
Under general supervision, performs a variety of difficult, responsible, sensitive and confidential instructional administrative support functions for an academic division; performs a variety of difficult, sensitive and confidential secretarial support duties for an academic Dean; and performs related duties as assigned.
Academic Administrative Assistants are responsible for independently providing complex and responsible specialized administrative support functions for an academic school of the District, requiring detailed knowledge of District policies, practices, procedures and computer systems applicable to class scheduling and related functions. Duties include compiling class schedules and calculating and inputting faculty payroll load assignments. Incumbents are also responsible for performing a variety of difficult, sensitive and confidential secretarial support duties for an academic Dean.
For the full position description, please click here: Academic Administrative Assistant
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION:Education, Training and Experience:
- Graduation from high school or a G.E.D equivalent
- Five years of increasingly responsible office administrative or secretarial experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements:
A valid California driver's license and the ability to maintain insurability under the College's vehicle insurance policy.
- Additional Information
- *****APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED 10/22/19-10/23/19 ONLY *****
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:To be considered a candidate for this position, all materials required should be received by the Long Beach City College Office of Human Resources by the closing date. Incomplete or late applications will be disqualified from further consideration. Qualified candidates will be notified in writing if they are moving forward in the application and selection process.
We encourage applicants to review the LBCC Tips for Success at:
- Submit a completed online application through NEOGOV. All portions of the application must be entirely filled out to be considered for this position.
- If position requires a degree, transcripts or copy of a diploma verifying your degree must be attached at the time of application. Unofficial transcripts are accepted during this phase. For experience substitution in lieu of education, please make sure to attach a statement to be considered for this position.
- If you participate in and fail any examination segment, you must wait a period of 90 days (~3 months) to test again for the same classification
The following examination segments may be utilized during the selection process:
- Application screening: Applications will be screened for qualifications.
- Written Performance Examination (50%): Tentatively planned for: November 1, 2019
- Oral Panel Interview (50%): Tentatively planned for: November 8, 2019
- Final interview: Date TBD.
*** PLEASE NOTE: The District reserves the right to utilize a flexible pass point on any test part to meet the staffing needs as determined by the District.***
FLEXIBLE PASS POINT (CUT-OFF): The District reserves the right to utilize a flexible pass point (cut-off) on any test part to meet the staffing needs as determined by the District. Applicants that most closely meet the needs of the District will proceed with the recruitment process.
Unfortunately, applicants who do NOT meet the pass point (cut-off) will not proceed with the recruitment process and their application for employment will no longer be considered.
If you require special accommodations in the Application, Testing, Interview or Selection Process, you are required to notify the Human Resources Office at least two days prior to the closing date of the posting, by calling (562) 938-4393 or (562) 938-4372.
Transfer Requests for current LBCC Employees:District employees may request to transfer by completing the Transfer Request Form.
LONG BEACH COMMUNITY COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERThe Long Beach Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and equity-minded hiring practices. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunities and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.