Long Beach Transit
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Money Room Counter - Part-Time
at Long Beach Transit
- Finance and Budgeting - Money Counter
Under the direction of the Money Room Supervisor, the Money Room Counter, using coin and currency counters, will assist with the counting of fare box money, as well as receipts from the sale of bus passes, the preparation of fare box system reports, the transfer and set-up of fare box system equipment, and necessary housekeeping duties in the fare box system work area.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- Uses a high-speed coin sorter and counts, bags, tags and stacks fare box revenue for armored truck pickup
- Counts revenue generated from ticket and pass sales
- Prepares vault reports, bank deposits, fare box exception reports, and other miscellaneous reports
- Performs all necessary housekeeping requirements for the money room, including sweeping, dusting, and orderly arranging of money room equipment
- Observes all rules and regulations pertaining to personnel safety, security of the money room, and fare counting equipment
- Allocates monthly passes and tickets to sales outlets
- Drives to Los Angeles to drop off tokens and pick up passes at Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro)
- Other duties may be assigned
ATTRIBUTES AND SKILL SETS:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and achievement driven
- Strong work ethic with ability to multi-task
- Excellent collaboration skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Interacts cooperatively with diverse groups/populations, across various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds, using tact and discretion
- Embraces inclusion and diversity
- Open to new ideas and continuous improvement
- Approaches change as an opportunity and positively looks for ways to explore solutions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
(The physical demands described are representatives of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. LBT provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Positions in this class typically require:
- Ability to fulfill the physical demands of the job such as walking, stooping, sitting, bending, reaching for overhead files and repetitive lifting of 50-pound coin bags
- Duties will be performed primarily in a warehouse/office environment and may require local travel to external locations and agencies
- Requires ability to understand verbal communication and to respond effectively
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED required. Must have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions, be cooperative, and to accept constructive criticism. Must be available to work various shifts in order to complete job duties; work under minimal supervision; and be able to travel between Long Beach Transit’s facilities.
A valid California driver’s license and safe driving record is required. Ability to read and write English legibly.
This job description is not intended to be a complete listing of all the job duties required of this position, but to provide information on the general scope of the position.
HIRING RATE: $15.00 per hour. APPLY ONLINE, (DMV K4) printout within 30 Days UPON REQUEST.
Apply online at www.ridelbt.com/careers. Online applications must include past work history and be fully completed to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a complete online application.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Successful candidate must pass agency physical, drug and alcohol examinations.
Long Beach Transit, 1963 E. Anaheim St. Long Beach, CA 90813
Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States. Long Beach Transit does not sponsor H-1B or other related work visas.