Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Cloud Oracle RDS Engineer
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Are you crazy about Cloud? Do you have a passion to streamline, automate, and build better applications / databases in AWS? Do you enjoy working with a team, yet are able to be autonomous? ManTech is looking for a Senior Cloud Oracle RDS Engineer to join our Cloud Migration Team. We are on a mission to build better applications for our nation’s military services and we need your help.
We are looking for a talented Oracle RDS Engineer who can analyze existing on premise application code, define a migration plan for how to refactor the application database to work in AWS, and work with the migration team to execute the refactor work for the database. You’ll be challenged with external dependencies, custom solutions, and strict security controls. We would prefer that you’re familiar with DevOps tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Team Foundation Services, CSP CLI’s, and containers.
You will work in an Agile Development environment with a team of Architects, DevOps Engineers, and SW Developers to pull together a solution on budget and on time. Our optimal candidate must be customer savvy and be capable of working in a team approach to execution and possess effective written and verbal communication skills. You’ll also be expected to be an integral part of the proposal and deliverable team by being able to drive the approach needed to analyze and form migration solutions for the application and then deliver the proposed plan.
You need to be willing to learn other development platforms and motivated to learn new technologies. We want you to take those CSP certifications and we’ll provide training to help you get there.
We are a team of people who love all things Cloud. We have experience as Architects, DevOps Engineers, and Developers. We are pushing to build a well-oiled migration machine to churn out quality applications for our Nation’s Military. We come from a variety of backgrounds with experience in all shapes and sizes of engagements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Oracle RDS Engineer will work with the software developer and cloud architect to assess existing on premise application Oracle databases and form a migration plan proposal for migrating the application to the AF AWS Gov Cloud environment. If the proposal is accepted and migration is awarded, you will work with the team to refactor and migrate the application. You will work in an Agile Development environment deliver the migrated application on budget and on time.
Specific Tasks may include:
• Build current Oracle database in ManTech Lab for evaluation if feasible.
• Analyze current Oracle DB and create a refactoring recommendation on how to migrate to Azure.
Estimate the hours needed to execute the refactor recommendation.
Refactor the Oracle database to work with the application in AWS Oracle RDS.
Execute data migration plan to transfer the data from on premise database to the new cloud database for a smooth cutover in production.
Test, validate and implement database performance optimization improvements with the migration team and application team.
Create development and production database environments in support of the new cloud architecture.
Work with the migration team to establish database security, performance tuning, and backup and recovery (RMAN and traditional) configurations.
Root cause analysis of production-related database issues post cutover for burn-in period.
Input for technical content on documentation delivered as part of the migration (Test plan, O&M plan, Configuration Mgmt. plan, etc.).
Review, design and develop data models in conjunction with the application development teams.
• 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree
• 5+ yrs experience with building and maintaining Oracle DB
• Deep knowledge of Oracle Access and Identity Management
• Deep knowledge of PL/SQL
• Experience with Oracle DataPump
• 3 yrs Experience with refactoring Oracle databased to AWS Oracle RDS
• Experience refactoring Oracle Fusion Middleware-Forms / Reports for use in AWS
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
• Experience with backup / restore functionality using RMAN.
• Excellent Oracle RDS and DB performance tuning skills
• Experience with Gradkell DBSign
• Must be a U.S. Citizen capable of obtaining / maintaining a DoD Secret Security Clearance. Current Secret clearance preferred.
• Experience in creating automation tools for managing relational databases (auditing, account management, backup / restore, discovery, schema deployment).
• Detailed understanding & experience of Linux operating systems and kernels.
• Working knowledge of at least one compiled language (e.g., Java, C++, C#) and at least one scripting language (e.g., Python, Ruby, Perl).
• Experience with other Data Persistence platforms: RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres**), NoSQL, Hadoop, Data and Software Migration off / to RDBMS, AWS DBs (RDS, DynamoDB, EMR, Redshift, Aurora, etc.), Data Information Lifecycle Management, Data Security, Big Data.
• Experience in Jira to track work and Agile / Scrum processes.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
Why ManTech? This is why!
The ManTech family comprises a diverse yet united group of nearly 8,000 talented professionals around the globe, each bringing distinct backgrounds and skill sets to the team. Nearly half of us are veterans and we are all dedicated to securing the future of our nation.
Our diversity makes us successful. Each team member is a unique piece of the puzzle, coming together to solidify our seamless foundation. As One ManTech, we learn together, we win together, and we celebrate together.
Rich educational opportunities and programs help employees break through career barriers. ManTech offers tuition assistance, partnerships with universities and institutions, a Technical Recognition Awards program, professional groups that comprise our Communities of Practice and so much more. Our own acclaimed ManTech University offers instruction and resources needed for professional development.