Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Designer III, Exterior
at Mazda USA
- Job ID
- Travel Required
Mazda was founded in 1920 in Hiroshima, Japan. We are a multi-national company that embraces and celebrates multicultural environments. We are rebels in the automotive space which is part of our DNA that we call the Challenger Spirit. We put our customers first and offer a unique customer experience. Mazda’s products combine technology, design, and the joy of driving pleasure.
Find Out More:
About Mazda: https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/
Mazda Benefits: https://www.mazdausa.com/site/careers
The Designer III, Exterior, supports the Manager with responsibility to create new concepts and styling innovations for automotive exteriorin a higher level. This position is a resource for Designer I and II, leads projects under general direction and oversees assigned projects. The Designer III will develop both conceptual and production based exterior solutions in the form of sketch, rendering and 3D digital models, with consideration of engineering, manufacturing, packaging, ergonomics, safety, and technology.
Creates final design ideas:
- Make perspective sketches and renderings in scale and full size sufficient in a higher level to communicate new design ideas
- Develop two and three-dimensional mock-ups of proposed design solutions.
- Conduct research to support development and design conceptbrication personnel in the development of new ideas in both two and three-dimensional form to required finish.
Coordinate across the teams and provide departmental supporCoordinate with and lead Clay Modelers, Digital Designers and Fabrication team to develop 3D clay properties such as 1:1 Clay and ¼ Scale Clay models:
- Oversight of connecting Exterior design vision with Co-Creation Activities.
- Develop Graphics for concept cars, Motorsports livery, logos etc.
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Automotive or Industrial design or equivalent work experience.
8+ years of experience in Automotive Design experience, preferably in an OEM studio desired.
CA driver’s license
- Excellent knowledge of automotive design.
- Ability to demonstrate creative design leadership and rational through process.
- Ability to lead projects and provide support and advice to team members.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong problem-solving skill.
- Ability to exercises independent, innovative judgment and discretion.
- Exceptional design, visualization and graphic skills.
- Proficient skills of digital modeling with Autodesk Alias Surface.
- Demonstrates creative design leadership and rational thought process.
- Ability to collaborate with people/organizations with multicultural background.
We have a driven and passionate working environment. One of our divisions gets to show off in a unique way, check out https://www.mazdausa.com/why-mazda/motorsports