Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supply Planning Manager
at MGA Entertainment
Mission: This global role will have oversight over the planning and purchasing of finished goods from various Contract Manufacturers (CM) in China. The role will ensure that performance metrics are met by focusing on demand planning, supply planning, distribution, new products and end of life. The Senior Supply Planner will develop inventory and capacity strategies to maximize customer service level, revenue and inventory turns while minimizing excess inventory.
1. Supply planning activities (MRP, MA/MO): 85%
2. Reporting and analysis: 15%
TOTAL TIME UTILIZATION: 100%
· Limit excess inventory while maximizing profitable sales.
· Work with key interfaces to communicate timelines and actions needed to achieve desired inventory results while fulfilling demand. Key communications include (but not limited to): sales teams, marketing, PD, operations support and finance.
· Proactively identify inventory issues and opportunities.
· Review initial buys (MO’s) for specific assigned product categories, based on sales forecasts, POS, and production capacity and take action as needed with HK.
· Manages Supply review budget for assigned product categories, reconciling overages on a weekly basis.
· Review capacity plans for assigned products, to ensure they are being maximized to support upside sales potential and controlled flow of product.
· Work with HK team to help minimize excess materials and FG products.
· Maintain and update system-wide data pursuant to drives such as down times and another changes that will significantly impact supply.
· Work with distribution and inventory team to determine stock level targets within the network.
· Maintain effective reporting on MGA entertainment’s distribution network
· BS required.
· 5-7 years of experience in supply, production or demand planning.
· Consumer products experience a plus.
· Advance Excel experience required.
· APICS or SCM certification preferred
· Experience using MS AX and Logility a plus
- Communicate, influence and interact globally with broad functional areas (Sales, Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain, and Finance) to develop and execute plans to achieve annual operating plan (AOP) goals.
- Knowledge and understanding of supply chain concepts and applications
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience in MRP systems a plus (MS AX, Logility, Oracle)