Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Business Support
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
The Initiative is a new first-party game studio located in Santa Monica backed by Microsoft. Our studio is about craft, creating story, innovating, and looking ahead to the next big thing.??
The Initiative has an?immediate opening for a Studio Administrator?who is?willing and able to embody the spirit of?our growing?creative studio and the heart of the studio mission.?At the Initiative, we are looking for collaborative problem solvers who want to dive into something new and create groundbreaking experiences for our players. Join us for this once in a career opportunity to help build the studio, define our culture, and create an environment to attract world-class talent.???
As a Studio Administrator,?you will be a representative of the studio and of the Head of Studio and operate with the studio’s best intentions at heart. You will have?a passion for project management, problem solving, and a critical eye for the details. In this role,?you will be adept at anticipating the needs of the studio and of the leadership team and?will?have strong organizational skills, innate sense of prioritization, and?able to manage multiple projects at once.?
You?will be a force-multiplier: working?proactively and collaboratively, you will have significant impact on the rhythm and culture of a growing studio. Projects will range from the quick and critical, including travel and calendar management, to ongoing and enduring, including process implementation and program?roll-outs.??
The ideal candidate can blend the internal needs of creating a fun and creative studio environment and outward facing contact with partners, as well as frequent contact with individuals of all levels within Microsoft.
This position will require someone who can provide a wide variety of administrative functions, studio morale and culture events, and independent projects as well as the responsibility for executive-level interfaces.
As an experienced?Studio Administrator, you will work?directly with the Head of Studio?and other key stakeholders across?the team?to deliver the following:???
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks (manage calendars, book travel,?coordinate events) and coordinate duties across multiple stakeholders?
- Serve as manager or operational lead for various small projects?
- Develop an understanding of critical business needs, enabling appropriate decisions which impact manager’s time?
- Develop & maintain strategic working relationships with key business stakeholders/leaders across the organizations?
- Manage headcount information and be a proficient user of all internal people, budget, and space management tools to generate relevant, timely, and accurate reports?
- Ensure accurate and timely distribution of sensitive information, employing excellent judgment in dealing with confidential information in an objective, unbiased way
- Manage and maintain complex calendars??
- Manage travel logistics and expense reporting??
- Align cross-group collaboration?with?other?EA’s on team support?
- Develop decks, manage staff meeting agendas, note-taking and follow up items?
- Collaborate and coordinate team morale events and/or broader team-wide events?
- Additional responsibilities may include partnering closely with HR, Finance, Operations, Business Management, etc,?to manage Rhythm of the Business and people processes scheduling, including the team’s budget management, leadership meetings, business reviews,?performance management,?All-Hands meetings, and other key discussions?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.?
- 5+ years of direct executive support, project management?and/or event planning experience.?
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced, changing work environment with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks and manage work time efficiently.?
- Ability to adhere to an expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters.?
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships.?
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.