Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Monster Energy
The Director of Communications will supervise the day to day activity of the Communications Department. The objective of the Communications Team is to take our “Big Bets” in marketing (major initiatives and projects) and amplify them across multiple platforms including media, digital / social, on-site, and with our major customers both internal (sales) and external (Bottlers). This team will be responsible for driving ROI by managing content application to drive brand awareness and leveraging our major initiatives for maximum impact. The Director will manage this team and ensure cooperation across cross-functional teams including sports marketing, brand teams, digital, and music. This position will be part of the marketing management team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate and prioritize the day to day activities of the team.
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver integrated plans amplifying key marketing initiatives.
- Leverage media outlets, digital platforms, and on-site activation to drive ROI and impressions.
- Manage outside resources (PR Agency) to assist in delivering reach, frequency, and awareness of marketing initiatives.
- Deliver agreed upon KPI’s from brand team.
- Assist in the upfront planning and idea generation of brand initiatives including sponsorships, events, and programming.
- Responsible for the communication flow across marketing teams and support groups to deliver integrated plans
- Research emerging media platforms and channels.
- Measure impact and results of integrated plans across all channels.
- Assist in brand content development.
- Minimum of 7-10 years working in Public Relations and Communications
- Advanced copy writing and journalism skills
- Strong roster of media, social, and digital contacts
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to perform top to top meetings with key internal customers (Sales, Brand Team, Sports Marketing, Digital, etc.) and external customers (Bottlers, Retailers)
- Direct report management experience
- Strategy development experience
- Project management experience with strong time management skill set
- Cross-functional team leadership – ability to lead cross-functional teams from the beginning of a project through execution and measurement
- Research and analytical skills a plus
- Ability to drive and raise key decision points to marketing management team