Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructional Designer/Technical Trainer in Chino, CA at NFI Industries
at NFI Industries
The Instructional Designer/Technical Trainer is responsible for all phases of the learning design and delivery process for systems related training; analyzes needs, designs and implements learning solutions, and then evaluates the effectiveness of the learning solutions. This position also assists with training coordination and technical writing of system-related documentation. This position will report to the Manager of Operations Training.
- Conducts training needs assessment by collecting information pertaining to work procedures, workflow, and reports; understanding job-specific functions and tasks.
- Determines utilization and validates documentation through testing systems.
- Designs system and operational documentation and provides training solution through needs assessment
- Conducts training based on job-specific, company-specific, and software application specific classes.
- Evaluates training by conducting Kirkpatrick evaluations to measure the effectiveness of training to specific job applications.
- Build the training component of system implementations’ project plan.
- Assess learner and system needs and the optimal learning methods for those needs.
- Design, develop, and deliver systems training program content and instructional tools, including computer-based resources.
- Technical Writing: Develop SOPs, work instructions, and other documentation.
- Train and qualify super-users in the field.
- Assess learners’ retention of learning and ensure they are able to apply their knowledge to their everyday use of the technical systems. Measure the effectiveness of the training.
- Report training metrics related to systems training, such as satisfaction, completion rates, learner retention.
- Assist leaders in helping to coach their employees in the effective use of the system being taught.
- Promote user knowledge sharing of the technical systems through the use of our social collaboration tool.
- Partner with IT to assist with system testing (initially and during upgrades).
- Maintain and continuously improve the training program and resources.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, adult learning experience or similar degree required.
- 3-5 years of training experience in a professional business environment, at least 2 of which training technical systems.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Operating Systems (WMOS) preferred.
- Demonstrates intermediate facilitation skills, both in the classroom and virtual environments.
- Demonstrates intermediate skills in all phases of instructional design/delivery (ADDIE). Demonstrates working knowledge of e-learning development software (e.g. Lectora Inspire) and learning management systems.
- Ability to manage time, projects, and priorities.
- Has a high level of attention to detail, quality, and customer focus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, experience in communicating effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Travel: Up to 75%
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this position and a valid agreement with NFI is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the NFI agency engagement process hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.