Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Operations Manager(732) in Ontario, CA at NFI Industries
at NFI Industries
The Warehouse Operations Manager I is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the warehouse with particular emphasis on the management of the warehouse personnel and the implementation of warehouse action plans. This role manages a warehouse that totals between 100,000 and 500,000 sq. ft. The tracking and recording of equipment hours, assurance that equipment maintenance schedules are followed and employee meetings are conducted. This position reports to the General Manager of the Distribution Center.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops a strategic plan in conjunction with the General Manager to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and utilization of the facility
- Ensures efficient shipping and receiving work schedules to meet operational goals
- Directs the operations of the warehouse supervisors and warehouse personnel
- Oversees all inbound and outbound shipments to ensure they are correct and carried out in a timely fashion
- Audits compliance of both internal and external SOP’s.
- Ensures that equipment is utilized in the most efficient manner
- Reviews the daily work objective and determines productivity requirements to produce during the shift to meet the overall building objectives
- Partners with other leaders to balance labor ensuring appropriate levels of staffing in regards to daily workload.
- Matches the skill and background of personnel to work required.
- Conducts analysis of workload compared to labor hours and equipment.
- Plans long-term labor needs based on sales, forecasts and historical data
- Makes recommendations to the General Manager on programs to improve warehouse operations.
- Understands how day to day decisions impact financial outcomes
- Be open to learning financial aspects of the business including, but not limited to, budgeting, forecasting, reading GL, Flash, and P&L
- Run productivity and labor reports to analyze gaps in performance
- Ensures the daily pre-shift meetings cover previous productivity, operational problems, forecasting workload and any other pertinent company information.
- Ensures proper staffing and supports hiring for all facility operations.
- Ensures all new employees are properly on-boarded; completing required paperwork and following a structured training schedule.
- Produces and effectively communicate department goals and individual performance goals that ensure the facility achieves operational success.
- Manages and maintains good human resources practices with direct reports, and adherence to established corporate and department policies and procedures
- Works with the General Manager and Human Resources to resolve employee relation issues, discipline actions, problem resolution and terminations.
- Provides feedback, coaching, guidance, and recognition to enhance other’s skill development.
- Plays an active role in employee development and talent selection.
- Acts as a role model for the department in support of corporate mission, vision, and values.
- Provides regular coaching and feedback on performance, prepares and presents formal performance appraisals and make recommendations and approve annual compensation increases.
- Exhibits a commitment to self-development by staying current on information, tools, and systems.
- Travels to other warehouses and participates in department or company meetings, as necessary
Shift: Monday through Friday from 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM (can change depending on business needs)
Safety and Security
- Ensures the safe, clean and efficient operation of the warehouse to meet service standards
- Actively supports and participates in all safety initiatives in the facility
- Implements safety and sanitation schedules that ensure the facilities compliance with corporate, OSHA, FDA, AIB or ASI standards.
- Performs safety observations to coach employees on safety procedures
- Implements the necessary improvements to procedures and facility to prevent re-occurring accidents.
- Prevents associate incident and injury by overseeing accident investigations, assessing root cause analysis and implementing necessary improvements
- Responsible for the management of equipment and coordinates the maintenance of equipment with local vendor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field preferred
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in a warehouse or distribution environment
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (Manhattan preferred)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of warehouse / mechanical equipment
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, FDA regulations and the willingness to become certified in one or more of these areas as necessary
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Experience with seasonal work forces is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with or desire to learn performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean/Six Sigma tools.
- Excellent talent management and team building skills
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills specifically with external clients
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed by the customer.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Lift and move totes up to 50 pounds.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to access all areas of building without limitations.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this position and a valid agreement with NFI is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the NFI agency engagement process hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.','title':'Warehouse Operations Manager(732)