Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Safety Supervisor (372) in Moreno Valley, CA at NFI Industries
at NFI Industries
The Safety Compliance Supervisor ensures and provides analysis of safety violations and compiles compliance violations. The Safety Compliance Supervisor is responsible for the efficient day-to-day safety incident reporting of the warehouse with particular emphasis on the implementation of safety awareness action plan. The tracking and document retention of all OSHA safety training, assurance that all safety related training materials and communications are conducted to warehouse personnel. This position supervises the Safety Clerk, Workers Compensation Coordinator, Equipment Trainers and Battery Changers personnel. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct supervision to Safety Trainers and Battery Changers personnel.
- Submits weekly and monthly violation statistics to the Manager of Safety.
- Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with the customer.
- Educates drivers and personnel on equipment regulations
- Monitors the PITCO & Injuries drug and alcohol testing program.
- Reports and Monitors PITCO & Injuries Incidents to site and conducts (5Y’s Root Cause Investigations) on all incidents.
- Ensure and monitors that all personnel complies with OSHA training for
- (Weekly and monthly topics) as well as record keeping on document retention on all safety training materials.
- Ensures that all incidents are reported immediately.
- Participates and assists the supervisors, foreman and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensure incident corrective actions are followed up on and completed.
- Ensure injured workers are provided with modified duties and documentation has been completed. Monitors and follows up on modified workers in the field.
- Ensure new hires are orientated to the NFI safety standards, and all required documentation is completed accurately and file accordingly.
- Ensure safety boards with postings including but not limited to: health and safety policy, inspection and audit results, project hazard assessment, location of first aid, etc. are maintained and current.
- Communicate, coach and assist the management staff to ensure that all safety expectations are understood and met.
- Identifies safety concerns in the facility and develops action plan.
- Reports monthly safety presentation to West Region Management.
- Conducts facility evacuation twice a year (every 6 months ).
- Monitors and updates safety boards (PITCO, Injuries, first aids, near miss graphs) and all safety related materials.
- Manages and report facility, security, safety monthly and yearly audits.
- Manages and monitors the first responders program (CPR Certification every two years).
- Monitors worker compensation injuries (follow up with injured employees progress and provides updates to management).
- Conducts meetings twice a month with the (SEE) Safety Energy Environment Committee to identify safety concerns on all departments and develop action plan.
- Works with safety manager on safety process improvement projects.
- Coordinates and supports all safety activities with warehouse operations management.
- Assists in ensuring the security of the facility, its environment, employees and contents.
- Completes annual reviews for hourly associates throughout the year in a timely manner.
- Administers corrective action as needed.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality in all areas of employee relations issues, terminations, customer information, company trade secrets, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- 2 years of supervisory experience in a distribution, warehouse, or manufacturing facility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent incident investigation skills
- Excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform under stressful conditions
- Analytical skills
- Probability and decision making skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Effective organizational skills
- Stress management skills
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus, but not required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a supervisory position
- Working knowledge on OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, FDA regulations and the willingness to become certified in one or more of these areas as necessary
- Familiarity in risk management preferred, including the generating of accident reports for auto, liability and umbrella coverage
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or a related discipline is a plus but not required.
Environmental Job Requirements
- Must be able to bend, squat, reach, and climb on a frequent basis.
- Minimal reaching, crouching and kneeling.
- Must be able to pull and push up to 50 lbs. Weight requirements may vary within each department and function.
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and potentially holidays as needed by the customer
- Capable of standing and walking for extended periods.
- Long hours and fast pace environment.
- Flexibility to work any schedule, weekdays, and weekends. Potentially holidays as needed by the customer.
- Open to the elements of noise and moving machinery.
- Frequent exposure to cold and heat, depending on the season.
- Exposed to little but some fumes and odors, depending on the department assigned to.
- Frequently exposed to dust.
- Some wetness and humidity.
- Exposed to vibrations from warehouse machinery
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this position and a valid agreement with NFI is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the NFI agency engagement process hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.','title':'Warehouse Safety Supervisor (372)