Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Talent Acquisition
at Northgate Markets
Our first store opened on January 2nd, 1980 in Anaheim CA and since then we have grown to 40 stores in three counties: Los Angeles, Orange and San Diego. We offer our customers a full service supermarket with a large meat department, bakery, tortilleria and prepared foods in addition to a sizeable section of domestic and imported Latin American grocery goods to provide a Mexican homeland experience. We are always looking for great people to join as a member of the Northgate Family. We look for enthusiastic people with the potential and desire to grow with us. We strive to create a great work environment that is positive and fun; where people have meaningful work, where individuals have a sense of belonging and feel appreciated, valued and secure. If you are passionate about food, are customer focused, team oriented, and want to be a part of our family, we invite you to apply! We offer opportunities for growth, 10% discount for you and one other family member in your household for most purchases made at Northgate and flexible schedules. To learn more, please visit www.northgatemarkets.com.
The Director of Talent Acquisition, will provide leadership for the overall strategy, execution, operations and employment branding functions for Northgate Markets. Responsible for the day-to-day leadership and vision of the talent acquisition function, building and improving on operational recruitment processes, and the development of the employment brand and talent pipelines for the organization. The Director Talent Acquisition will work closely with all levels of the business in building strong partnerships across the enterprise with a strong focus on bringing meaningful, best practice approaches to our talent management practices across Northgate. The Director Talent Acquisition will drive execution excellence and will partner with the CHRO in designing the talent strategy, leveraging and maximizing the Northgate brand. The role will deploy creative social media and story boarding concepts to attract, on-board and retain our people. The role is responsible for leveraging existing technology to streamline the talent acquisition and on-boarding process resulting in favorable candidate and new associate experiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and develop talent acquisition team and provide functional guidance and leadership to enhance skill and talent capability.
- Provide thought leadership across the enterprise to build out a hiring brand that meets the short and long-term talent needs of the organization.
- Develop creative key strategy and initiatives for recruiting diverse talent through various channels such as social media, high schools, local communities and universities.
- Oversee and advise on various recruitment related programs including pre-employment screening and background screening process.
- Support acquisition activity to ensure a positive candidate experience from first touch through the employee life cycle.
- Guide and influence senior management on strategic Talent Acquisition issues across multiple functions.
- Ensure continuity and consistency of candidate acquisition strategy, company culture, and recruiting best-practices.
- Lead vendor management for the Talent Acquisition team to ensure that current and future investments are optimized for the recruiting function.
- Lead the development of talent pipelines and programs to ensure the growth of talent pools to support the needs of the business and develop internal bench strength and succession planning.
- Lead, guide and develop a team of qualified recruitment professionals, including managing team capacity and requisition allocation to ensure all hiring goals are achieved and business talent vacancies are minimized.
- Develop and propose talent acquisition metrics to measure functional success.
- Build strong relationships and partnerships with hiring managers, leaders and executives to advise on best practices, key hiring decisions and workforce planning.
- Partner with marketing team to develop and enhance the employment branding positioning and employer value proposition.
- Work closely with Human Resources on key initiatives for the organization.
- Lead process improvement initiatives to meet the changing needs of the talent acquisition function and work to remove barriers throughout the recruitment process.
- Develop company training initiatives that support interviewing and hiring best practices, including behavioral based interviewing.
- Use data to develop and analyze key metrics to understand and improve recruiting effectiveness, accountability and performance measurements.
- Ensure legal compliance with various governmental laws and regulations covering the posting and implementation of employee work laws, OSHA, EEOC, safety, FLSA, and Worker’s Compensation at all retail locations.
- Accountable for the overall Talent Acquisition strategy and performance objectives.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years’ experience in recruiting, staffing or HR related field
- 5-7 years of leading a talent acquisition team
- SHRM SCP, SPHR Certification required
- Extensive knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements
- Strong knowledge of immigration laws and compliance
- Knowledge of information technology, including hardware and software applications, used in the Human Resources talent acquisition function.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a high volume transactional environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfortable working across all levels of an organization and have the ability to manage up, across, or down
- A dynamic professional with strong business acumen and creative and positive spirit that positions brand excellence through each people connection.
- Well organized and highly detailed
- A hands-on individual with strong interpersonal and motivational skills who is also a self-starter, accomplished doer, and highly energetic.
PHYISICAL DEMANDS AND CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities:
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; stand; and use the hands to handle, finger, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Must occasionally exert or lift up to 10 pounds carrying boxes of records and forms and frequently exert or lift moderate amounts of weight
- Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The job requires the ability to travel to include site to site retail location travel.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business or the work environment change.
Northgate Markets is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.