Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Finan Sales Associate - Store # 10 PT
at Northgate Markets
Our first store opened on January 2nd, 1980 in Anaheim CA and since then we have grown to 40 stores in three counties: Los Angeles, Orange and San Diego. We offer our customers a full service supermarket with a large meat department, bakery, tortilleria and prepared foods in addition to a sizeable section of domestic and imported Latin American grocery goods to provide a Mexican homeland experience. We are always looking for great people to join as a member of the Northgate Family. We look for enthusiastic people with the potential and desire to grow with us. We strive to create a great work environment that is positive and fun; where people have meaningful work, where individuals have a sense of belonging and feel appreciated, valued and secure. If you are passionate about food, are customer focused, team oriented, and want to be a part of our family, we invite you to apply! We offer opportunities for growth, 10% discount for you and one other family member in your household for most purchases made at Northgate and flexible schedules. To learn more, please visit www.northgatemarkets.com.
The Financial Sales Representative II position demonstrates sales techniques to promote all the financial services while maintaining excellent customer service and processing financial transactions accurately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote all financial services and advise accurate information to the customer regarding the different financial services we offer with the main objective of increasing sales.
- Operate a computer and process the financial transactions accurately.
- Responsible for all cash in custody.
- Responsible for providing the highest level of customer service.
- Responsible for compliance with policies and procedures manual of cash handling, check cashing, money transfers, cash cards, bill payments and money orders.
- Responsible for monetary services under custody.
- Advise supervisor of any event that might require his/her intervention.
- Responsible for compliance with Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering Regulations.
- Courteous and pleasant to our customers and team members.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Experience in direct sales to customers preferred.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Understanding of the company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and Holidays as based on company need.
- Ability to work under little or no supervision.
- High school diploma required
Physical Demands and Conditions
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; and use the hands to handle, finger, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- The employee must frequently walk, talk or hear, and reach with the hands and arms; occasionally, the employee must crouch or kneel;
- The employee must occasionally exert or lift up to __ pounds carrying boxes of records and forms and frequently exert or lift moderate amounts of weight;
- Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment is that typical of an office and retail store.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business or the work environment change.
Northgate Markets is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Northgate Markets will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (Ban the Box Law).