Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aircraft Electrician 1
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employeeshave incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and spacethat impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come.Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and ourunderstanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas,courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have alot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have aninsatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are notonly part of history, they're makinghistory.
Northrop GrummanAerospace Systems has an opening for an Aircraft Electrician - Level 1 tojoin our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be locatedin Palmdale, CA.
The selected candidate will performall duties required to lay-out, fabricate, and install electrical wiring orcoaxial cables on aircraft.
- Electrical assembly and wire harness installation
- Checks, tests, and troubleshoots electrical systems for conformance to specifications and performs repair, removal, and reinstallation of wiring as necessary
- Cuts wire to length, strips insulation from wire ends, and insulates connections with plastic sleeves
- Attaches wire or complicated electrical systems to fixtures and accessories such as: transformers, instrument panels, and switchboards with fasteners (bolts, screws, or solder)
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
- Required ability to be certified for a half & full face respirator
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 9 months electrical experience in an aerospace, automotive, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment OR Must have a minimum of 2.0 or higher GPA upon completion of A&P certificate program
- Must be able to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD secret clearance and program access prior to beginning work
- The ability to work 1st “5 am – 3:30 pm” or 2nd shift “4:12 pm – 2:42 am” and any work schedule
- Active DOD Secret Clearance with an investigation date/periodic review within the last 6 years.
- Completion of an A&P certificate program.
Northrop Grumman is committed tohiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard torace, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, maritalstatus, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any otherprotected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, pleasevisit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.