Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aircraft Electrician 3
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systemshas an opening for an Aircraft Electrician- Level 3 to join our team ofqualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The selected candidate will performall duties required to lay-out, fabricate, and install electrical wiring orcoaxial cables on aircraft.
- Electrical assembly and wire harness installation
- Checks, tests, and troubleshoots electrical systems for conformance to specifications and performs repair, removal, and reinstallation of wiring as necessary.
- Cuts wire to length, strips insulation from wire ends, and insulates connections with plastic sleeves.
- Attaches wire or complicated electrical systems to fixtures and accessories such as: transformers, instrument panels, and switchboards with fasteners (bolts, screws, or solder).
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Required ability to be certified for a half & full face respirator.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years' electrical experience in an aerospace, automotive, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment
- Must be able to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD secret clearance and program access prior to beginning work
- The ability to work 1st “5 am – 3:30 pm” or 2nd shift “4:12 pm – 2:42 am” and any work schedule
- Completion of an A&P certificate program