Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aircraft Structures Mechanic 3
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employeeshave incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and spacethat impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come.Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and ourunderstanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas,courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have alot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have aninsatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are notonly part of history, they're makinghistory.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systemshas an opening for an Aircraft Structures Mechanic- Level 3 to join ourteam of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located inPalmdale, CA.
The selectedcandidate will perform a variety of operations to assemble and make majorassembly structures such as fuselage panels and bulkheads, and structuralsubassemblies such as rudders, flaps, and stabilizers.
- Read and understand blueprints
- Translate blueprints into fabrications of structural assemblies to include: precision drilling, countersinking, and the use of calibrated tools
- Aligning parts on jigs using templates and fixtures
- Performing part-fitting operations: filing sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling and reaming
- Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions
- May modify incomplete and complete assemblies to incorporate changes to structure and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
- Required ability to be certified for a half & full face respirator
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years' structures/sheet metal experience in an aerospace, automotive, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment.
- Must be able to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD secret clearance and program access prior to beginning work
- The ability to work 1st “5 am – 3:30 pm” or 2nd shift “4:12 pm – 2:42 am” and any work schedule
- Completion of A&P certificate program.
- Experience with structural subassemblies such as rudders, flaps and stabilizers.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with a background investigation completed within the last six years with the ability to obtain program access.
Northrop Grumman is committed tohiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard torace, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, maritalstatus, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any otherprotected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, pleasevisit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.