Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electronic Technician 3
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Under close supervision, performs routine technical functions related to the support of development engineering activities such as design, test, checkout, fabrication, modification, and assembly of electronics and Electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment. Applications may include analog, digital and/or video type circuits and logic systems. Guidance is readily available from superiors. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform routine testing, checkout, troubleshooting, prototype building, environmental testing, and simple developmental engineering tasks. Performs routine operational tests and fault isolation on development systems and equipment to ensure conformance with design specifications. Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions down to component level. Conducts defined engineering tests and collects data as assigned. Utilizes routine development or diagnostic equipment including oscilloscope, VOM, DVM, signal generators and similar test apparatus. Normally assigned in area such as development, engineering, test equipment design, or the like. Excludes those assigned to production test activities. Entry Level. Excludes trainees with no academic preparation or experience. EXPERIENCE and TRAINING: Electronics training equivalent to 2 years technical trade school or military technical school.
- Minimum of High School Diploma/GED and 4 year's experience with maintenance on electrical systems, knowledge on the use of volt meters, oscilloscopes, and circuit card components.
- Ability to perform moderately to strenuous physical and repetitious work to include bending, stooping, kneeling, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work in an outside environment at various times of year.
- Ability to obtain and maintain both a DOD Secret Clearance, and Special Program Access.
- Experience reading blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings, and specifications.
- Electrical background with some Ground Support knowledge.
- Forklift experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.