Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer Electrical - Routing/Design
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Job Reference #: 19031664
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Electrical Installation Design Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA working on the F/A-18E/F/G Super Hornet program.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Vehicle Subsystems team and program subsystems IPTs creating and designing engineering details, assembly and installation designs pertaining to installation of aircraft subsystem components, wire harnesses and support hardware.
- Layout, design and analysis of mechanical subsystems. 3D design and solid modeling of aircraft installation designs. Wire harness design support, Harness routing layouts. Avionics and electrical equipment installations.
- Design of support structure and equipment mounts. Zone design integration
- Support development of schematics, system descriptions, equipment selection, and performance analysis.
- Coordinate with specialty engineering such as stress, M&P, manufacturing, and other support staff
- Generate tasks, meet SOW requirements, plan, and estimate, coordinate and perform conceptual and detail mechanical designs within specified performance and environmental requirements.
- Prepare presentations and engineering drawings in support of design and development activities.
- Provide technical and liaison assistance to manufacturing and flight test to resolve any technical issues, component failure.
- Bachelors of Science in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) along with a minimum 2 years experience in aerospace engineering; OR Masters of Science in Engineering
- minimum of 1 year experience in vehicle systems integration
- 1 years' experience with 3D solid modeling
- Ability to obtain DOD Secret clearance is required
- Experience working on military aircraft
- Experience with UG/NX or CATIA CAD systems
- Experience with electrical installation design
- Active in-scope DOD Secret clearance