Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
AtNorthrop Grumman Aerospace Systems we develop cutting-edge technology thatpreserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventivespirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancementsin our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, tostealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate withdevelopments from launching the first commercial flight to space, todiscovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not onlypart of history, they're making history.
The Antenna Products Department within Electronics and Payloads is looking for an Engineer Structural to perform mechanical design. This position is based in Redondo Beach, CA at our Space Park Campus. The selected candidate will have proficiencies in the following areas:
Knowledge of material strengths and properties, design criteria, loading conditions and processes (e.g. non-destructive testing, composite assemblies, etc)
Knowledge with CREO/Pro Engineering, Catia 5, NX or other 3-D cad system.
Knowledge with discrepant hardware process
Experience with creating and releasing drawing
Knowledge of environmental testing requirements and experience with mechanical testing such as: Structural static test, thermal cycle test, random & vibration tests to demonstrate qualification / acceptance of spacecraft structures.
For more Electronics and Payloads openings visit:
Unique ID: elepay
Unique ID: SOUTHBAYJOB
- Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical, Aerospace, Civil Engineer or other STEM related type degree from an accredited institution with 2 years of experience; 0 years with a Master's degree
- Knowledge with CREO/Pro Engineering, Catia 5, NX or other 3-D CAD software package
- Knowledge with creating and releasing drawing
- Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, OR must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Master's Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Civil Engineer or other STEM related type degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing space hardware and mechanisms
- Knowledge of spacecraft structures including primary/secondary structure made of metallic, advance composites, and/or Honeycomb materials and construction
- Knowledge of Antenna systems and Architecture
- Knowledge of RF components and assemblies
- Knowledge of electronics integration, packaging, and cable & harness design
- Knowledge of A&E Hardware
- Proficiency with Proficiency with Creo/Pro Engineering, Catia, NX or other 3-D CAD software package
- Ability to perform trade studies
- Knowledge of discrepant hardware processes
- Experience with creating and developing preliminary layouts
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge of Mathlab or Mathcad
- Knowledge of environmental testing requirements and experience with mechanical testing
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.