Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer Sys Modeling Simul
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
The selected engineer will help develop models and processesto help the transition of the test and evaluation enterprise across the NorthropGrumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) sector. The selected engineer will haveknowledge of the use of Modeling and Simulation as a tool to help reduce riskand cost, and increase efficiency. This position will be located in Palmdale,CA.
The person selected for this position will work withengineers across multiple disciplines to translate intended efficiencies and costsavings into a working digital model that can be used to drive intendedoutcomes. Examples of such work would include working with Model Based Test andEvaluation (MBT&E) manager to integrate Mission Scenario, InterfaceDefinition, Design, Software, T&E, and Sustainment with a comprehensivephysics-based model set that aligns with our customer's Total DigitalTransformation. He/she will be responsible for helping to develop initialmodels that can be used to drive risk reduction and cost savings for NGASprograms.
This position will report to the MBT&E Manager, and workdirectly on developing models and processes that will define how futureMBT&E initiatives will be implemented.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced workenvironment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments,collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be willingto explore and learn new software and help to develop future implementationprocess.Develops new and/or integrates existing system simulation frameworks, performance models and algorithms, threat models and command and control models. Simulates real-time operations and develops software that simulates behavior of systems. Develops integrates and uses advanced graphical user interfaces and visualization tools. Models operational environments, performs trade studies via computer simulation and recommends alternative architectures. Performs operational analysis and mission effectiveness analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematicsdiscipline from an accredited university and 2 years of MBSE experience
- Experience applying human performance principles, methodologies, andtechnologies to the design of human-machine and human-computer systems andproducts
- Willingness to learn about SEIT and/or Test and Evaluation applying MBSEprinciples
- The ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
- The ability to obtain program access
- Knowledge of modeling and simulation tools. For example, SysML, SimCenter, STK,AFSIM etc
- Knowledge of physics based modeling
- Somecoding experience in any high level, OOP languages (e.g. Python, Matlab, C ,Java)
- Active, in-scope DoD Top Secret or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.