Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer Systems-Verification Support
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employeeshave incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and spacethat impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations tocome. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances humandiscovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people whohave bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to inventthe future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives onintellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self towork and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think isimpossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're makinghistory
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking verification support staff who will provide support to the requirements and verification team in the verification efforts for the advanced mission programs.
The verification support will ensure timely and successful completion of verification reports to support final sell off. It is the responsibility of the verification support to report to the verification lead in an effort to monitor and report weekly status to program management along with the customer community in support of verification close out.
This individual will work daily with the authors of the verification reports, and communicate discrepancies to the verification lead and other management. The verification support will also have direct dialog with the customer in multiple forums, and must be able to communicate clearly and concisely in these forums, showing confidence in the established processes.
On occasion, the staff will be asked to also support extra activities including design reviews, deep dives into existing processes, and any other new scope that may be added to the program.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university with 2 years of engineering experience OR Master's degree in a STEM discipline
- Active SSBI security clearance is required.
- Master's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under limited direction within the scope of an assignment and use independent judgment in determining methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria.
- Must have excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to lead working groups and technical interchange meetings.
- Must be an exceptional analytical problem solver and systems-level thinker.
- Academic and work experience should include the support of several of the following disciplines: space vehicle integration and test, space vehicle design and analysis, functional analysis of requirements, design/integration and test, trade studies, performance analysis, interface control, and project management.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.