Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employeeshave incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and spacethat impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come.Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and ourunderstanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas,courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have alot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have aninsatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are notonly part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems hasan opening for a Material Handler to join our team ofqualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach,CA.
This is a physical, fast-paced, outdoor position that involves continual lifting, lowering and carrying test equipment that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 50 lbs. The successful candidate must have excellent customer contact and driving skills. Qualified applicants must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid California driver's license and experience driving a 16 foot box truck or similar/larger vehicles. The successful candidate will drive a 16 foot box truck and other Fleet Management vehicles as needed to control the efficient flow of goods, services, and information between points of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements. Maintaining deliveries safely, on schedule and without damage is imperative to the
success of the organization. This is a Southern California driving position, and is the successful candidate will be return to the point of origin at the end of each shift. Reporting discrepancies and completing daily Driver's Vehicle Inspection
Reports is a basic requirement of this position.
In this role, the successful candidate will be part of an organization focused on transporting, acquiring and managing property, parts, materials, and assets for Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) engineering development and
test activities. More specifically, the candidate will support programs requiring the use of general purpose test equipment.
The successful candidate will work with a group of highly motivated individuals responsible for logistical movement of general purpose test equipment to & from programs, vendors and OEM suppliers. Proper knowledge of chemical
and Hazmat transportation and handling procedures is required to ensure compliance. The role is focused on process discipline, schedule, compliance to Northrop Grumman Command Media and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS). Process improvement as well as delivering superior customer service in support of our customer base is an ongoing focus. Knowledge of General Purpose Test Equipment is a plus.
• Driving a 16 foot box truck or other vehicles, navigating safely into loading docks or other areas as needed to pick up or deliver equipment
• Loading General Purpose Test equipment from staging area onto carts
• Loading carts onto Box Truck and properly securing the equipment and load for safe transport
• Verifying transportation paperwork to identify destination location
• Receiving equipment and verifying proper paperwork for transportation
• Utilizing a wireless barcode scanner to properly track equipment movement
• Compliance with all vehicle code and traffic regulations
• Daily inspection of vehicles to ensure safe operating condition, and documenting the condition of the vehicles
• Properly documenting miles driven each day according to vehicle odometer
• Maintain relationships with NG internal customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers and Vendors for repair and periodic calibration of General Purpose Test Equipment
• Coordinate and follow up with production, warehouse, and engineering personnel to ensure appropriate scheduling, and movement of materials
• High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years additional education and/or related experience
• Ability to frequently move and position/reposition objects weighing up to 50lbs
• Valid class C California State Driver's License
• Driving record: NO DUI's, cell phone tickets, reckless driving in past 3 years
• Willingness to change physical work locations based on operational need
• Inventory, Material Management, Logistical or Warehousing experience
• Minimum of 1 year experience in a role that involved transporting items and driving Box trucks or similar sized vehicles
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Proficiency in driving large vehicles
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Strong interpersonal, relationship building skills
• Aerospace and Defense industry experience
• High level of computer and automated systems experience
• Working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Word and Excel
• HazMat handling/storage/movement certification/experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.