Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Material Process Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Material Process Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in el Segundo, CA.
The selected candidate will candidatewill coordinate withtest laboratory activities including writing test plans, evaluating vendormaterial products, documenting test results, and producing test reports alongwith briefing materials for composite and secondary material system
Analyzes, researches, designs and develops materials and their related fabrication and application processes to develop and optimize materials for use in engineering design of and/or application in structures, systems and subsystems. Applies principles of chemistry, physics, and material behavior to develop metallic, non-metallic and composite material and processing specifications, fabrication and assembly processes. Develops, analyzes and applies material properties and design allowables, processing processes and quality engineering specifications. Material analyses may include failure analysis of components, systems and subsystems, life predictions, and definition and requirement specifications. May review and approve subcontractor material processing procedures.
- Bachelor Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Mechanical or Aero Engineering with 2years of work related experience; OR 0 years of work experience with a Masters in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Mechanical or Aero Engineering.
- Experience in developing characterizing fiber reinforced composite material systems writing test plans/documenting test results
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD secret clearance
- Masters Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Mechanical or Aero Engineering or equivalent, plus a minimum of 1 year related experience in developing, characterizing fiber reinforced composite material systems, writing test plans/documenting test results and producing test reports and briefing
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, with excellent verbal/written communications skills
- Active Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.