Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Technician 3
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation is hiring a Mechanical Technician to join our diverse and talented team in Redondo Beach, CA.
Performs a variety of duties assisting mechanical engineers in the development of mechanical and electromechanical engineering designs, tests, fabrications, modifications, assemblies and components. Drafts detailed drawings for fabrication. Devices, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies. Sets up and tests complete prototype units and subassemblies under operational conditions. Analyzes data and recommends modifications to components or test procedure to meet desired specifications.
- Must hold at least oneof the following active security level clearances: Top Secret, SSBI or SCI.
- High School Diploma orGeneral Education Diploma required.
- Minimum of 4 years ofexperience as a technician or machinist.
- Experience working fromat least one of the following: Blueprints, engineering drawings or writteninstructions.
- Associate's degree, A&P license, or other technical training/certification
- Experience with antennas and electronics precision assembly
- Work independently with minimal direction
- Strong communication skills and able to work in diverse teams of design engineers, manufacturing engineers and technicians.