Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Cost Estimating Analyst, El Segundo (No Clearance Required)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Estimates labor and material costs of manufacturing and engineering based on request for proposal (RFP) data submitted by prospective customers. Analyzes specifications, including sketches, blueprints, bills of material, or sample layouts, and calculates production costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data. Collects cost data from functional representatives, subcontractors, and vendors. Computes cost estimates of raw materials or subcontracted work and labor. Prepares and maintains historical cost data. Creates cost models for cost estimating elements. Prepares cost reports and presents findings to management, contract personnel, proposal coordinators, customer representatives, price auditors, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years of experience in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing, Engineering or Estimating or 3 years of experience with a Master's Degree
- Knowledge/familiarity with aerospace production operation's functions, tasks, and processes
- Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with military contracts, RFP (Request for Proposal) change system requirements
- Experience in touch labor improvement curve modeling and theory
- Active DOD (Department of Defense) clearance investigated within the last 6 years
- Experience with negotiation and presenting complex information to stakeholders
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.