Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Engineer Mechanical, MRB Liaison Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Mechanical Engineer- MRB Liaison to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
You will be a member of a multi-disciplined team responsible for providing liaison engineering support for Special Projects.
You will be working with subsystems installations and composite structures
You will be performing timely dispositions for nonconforming parts, assemblies, and installations.
You will be working as part of a Material Review Board (MRB)
You will be working with a team of engineers coordinating with multiple disciplines to determine solutions to problems quickly and efficiently.
Some of the tools you'll be using are CATIA V5 and TeamCenter.
• Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) from an accredited institution and 5 years' engineering experience OR Master's degree in STEM along with 3 years' engineering experience
• Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Knowledge of aircraft best design practices and applicable processes.
• Experience with CATIA V5 and/or NX-CAD.
• Current Active In-Scope DOD Secret or Top Secret
• Experience with MRB process.
• The ability to obtain Special Program Access
• Master's Degree or PhD in ME, AE or Civil Eng
• Expert knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Minimum 2 years of aircraft design/liaison experience.
• Held MRB signature authority.
• The ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance.
• Full life cycle of an air/space vehicle design support process.
• Familiar with M&P testing and analysis of composite structure.
• Team player and demonstrated exceptional collaboration.