Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Engineer Systems
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Our Aerospace Systems Survivability Department is lookingfor a Materials and Process Engineer to help shape the future of the sector,the company, and our customers. We work closelywith our external customers to evaluate the opportunities to improveperformance, durability, maintainability, and cost of our advancedmaterials. Our work influences theinvestment decisions of our senior leadership and customer program offices. TheAdvanced Materials group under System Survivability frequently collaboratesacross functional disciplines, offering a highly unique opportunity to obtain abroad understanding of many areas or to more narrowly focus on developing adeep expertise in any one of the relevant fields.
In this role, you will be asked to work in a small teamenvironment to write proposals, conduct research, plan and execute testing, andmanage a wide variety of projects relating to the development of highly uniquematerial systems. This work will drivethe development of clean-sheet requirements, refine existing program systemrequirements, and influence the pursuit of future technologies andcapabilities. You will work closely with the Survivability community withinNorthrop Grumman, other major aerospace companies, as well as externalcustomers and stakeholders.
The role responsibilities may include any or all of thefollowing:
- Support the research proposal process through generation of technical documents, schedules, and costs.
- Coordinate across functional disciplines to develop requirements and test plans. Manage the execution of material testing and report results in both formal written reports as well as presentations.
- Present technical data and schedule to external customers.
- Work with suppliers to develop new technologies and scaled manufacturing.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 5 years of engineering experience OR Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 3 years of engineering experience OR PhD Degree in a STEM discipline
- Experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Materials and Process Engineering,
- Material Testing
- Material Development
- Low Observables
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance or DoE L clearance with a background investigation date within 10 years
- Familiarity with Contracted Research and Development (CRAD) efforts.
- Familiarity with Low Observable material technologies.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: MATLAB, LabVIEW, Visual Basic, or other programing languages.
- Experience with network analyzers and electromagnetic measurements of materials.
- Experience with formal project management and Earned Value systems.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.