Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Manufacturing Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located El Segundo, CA where technology and teamwork come together. The individual selected will become a part of the F/A-18 Manufacturing Engineering organization. Manufacturing Engineers for Aerospace Systems are expected to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex and difficult problems. We are problem solvers who take initiative to provide results that are innovative, thorough, practical, and consistent with organization objectives. Applicants require working knowledge of an all-encompassing spectrum of both modern and past manufacturing processes. The qualified applicant will be collaborative, promoting a positive and proactive teamwork environment. This position job duties will minimally involve the following:
Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling. Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance. Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions. May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan. Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality. Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques. Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques. Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations. Creates work instructions and planning aids in layman terms to ensure the fabrication area can manufacture/assemble the parts using an efficient, proven method.
We seek Manufacturing Engineers that bring a unique and complete skill set, capable of anticipating all potential issues or constraints. A hands-on problem solving approach is often encouraged, when feasible, while acting as the technical representative and voice for Manufacturing.
- A minimum Bachelor's Science Degree in STEM (Science, Technical, Engineering or Mathematical) and 5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering or an engineering related field.
- Experience reviewing and interpreting Blueprints and 3-D models
- Experience working hands-on in a production environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to interface/communicate with multiple levels of leadership, clients, and vendors
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active DOD Secret security clearance
- Experience Supporting a manufacturing production line
- Strong project management skills
- Experience troubleshooting technical issues
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Experience using Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Experience using Unigraphics or Catia CAD Software
- Experience providing innovative techniques focused on improving product designs and tooling assemblies or equipment
- Active in-scope DOD Secret security clearance that has been granted / renewed within the past 5 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.