Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Supply Chain Subcontracts Specialist (Level 3) (Clearance Required)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiousity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman has a Supply Chain Subcontracts Specialist 3 position open supporting our Space Park location in Redondo Beach, CA.
This position sources and procures specialized goods and services. The prospective candidate's responsibilities include the following:
- Accountable for subcontract management of suppliers, from pre-award through execution, delivery and closeout.
- Manage and develop strategic/key suppliers.
- Manage performance of subcontracts and ensure compliance with all public law requirements as well as company and business policies and procedures
- Employ sound business practices and assess supplier performance as part of subcontract management.
- Utilize process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users.
- Develop subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment and/or services.
- Prepare bid packages, conduct bidders conferences, analyse and evaluate proposals, subcontractors, writing awards, and managing resulting subcontracts
- Negotiate and coordinate additions, deletions, and modifications to subcontracts. Identify strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through targeted management strategies. Review and approve supplier payment as needed. Travel to supplier as required.
- Participate with contracts administration and purchasing to develop subcontract policies and procedures. In conjunction with quality organization and the parts, materials and processes organization, evaluate and monitor supplier quality, reliability and material.
- 6 years of experience in Subcontracts and/or Procurement with a Bachelor's degree (10 years of experience total in lieu of a Bachelor's degree), or 4 years of experience with a Master's degree
- Working knowledge of Terms and Conditions including FAR and DFARs
- Active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management
- Experience with management of high dollar subcontract and complex subcontracts
- Experience with SAP or ERP systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.