Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Prncpl Engr RF Microwave Dsgn
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Principal Engineer RF Microwave Design to provide talent to our Defense Electronics Systems (DES) group in Northridge, CA.
- Developing, coordinating and conducting RF and Antenna designs and evaluations of engineering design concepts
- Develops, coordinates and conducts EMI designs and evaluations of engineering design concept
- Creates EMI test plans and procedures for a variety of RF and Environmental testing.
- Create designs, modeling in all aspect of antenna performance.
- Oversees or participates in RF testing and measurement using RF instruments and anechoic chambers.
- Develops specifications and requirements, reviews Engineering Change Proposals, and generates formal whitepapers and failure reports.
- Supports program Engineering Configuration Change Board (CCB), Corrective Action Board (CAB) and Failure Review Boards (FRB), as required.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement based on review of failure data and supports development and implementation of component design improvements or updates.
- Supports design reviews and test activities, as needed. Supports subcontractor evaluation, selection and coordination activities with respect to RF needs.
- Experience with Ansys HFSS software or equivalent modeling tools preferred.
- Proven hands on design experience of multi octave bandwidth antennas for Supersonic Aircraft / Missile platforms.
- Experience in detection, beamforming and angle-of-arrival estimation.
- Direct Digital conversion experience / signal processing hardware experience / Data link experience is a plus.
- Strong RF background with a good mechanical understanding.
- Experience desired in manufacturing support, characterization, test, installation and operation of antennas on missiles or aircraft and experience in general military RF systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships are a must.
- Ability to communicate findings to customers and management.
- Self-starter capable of performing assigned tasks with some direction.
- Innovated thinker with a demonstrated ability of solving complex problems which require ingenuity and “out of the box” ideas.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Minimum 5 years with BS; 3 years with MS; 0 years with PhD of experienced in RF and antenna product design and development.
· Active DoD Secret Clearance, TS clearance desired
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.