Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RF Microwave Antenna Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a RF Microwave Antenna Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Azusa, CA.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence. The successful applicant will be assigned to perform Antenna design, analysis, and test RF Microwave antenna subsystems for passive microwave sensors/radiometers. Specific assignments may include antenna design, simulation, analysis, and test. Additional activities include supporting design reviews, subcontractor management, and root cause analysis. Additional responsibilities may be assigned commensurate with performance or due to business needs.
Note that this role will work 1st shift with a flexible start time between 6:30 am and 9 am. Some off-shift work will be required as needed by the program.
· Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science,Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) field & 2 years of relevant productdevelopment, test or delivery experience, OR a Master's degree in a STEM fieldand 0 years of related experience
· Experience in antenna theory experience inantenna hardware build and test
· Experience with common RF lab test equipment
· Proficient with Microsoft Office tools suite
· Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD securityclearance (US citizenship required)
· Background in antenna testing and antenna rangeoperations
· Experience with Quasi-optical antenna systemsand concepts
· Reflector based antenna design and analysisexperience
· Broad band/narrow band feed horn design andanalysis experience
· Familiarity with antenna alignment andbore-sighting techniques
· Familiarity with analysis tools such asMathCAD, MATLAB, GRASP10, CHAMP and HFSS
· Experience with Radiometer fundamentals
· Experience with RF test instruments such asnetwork analyzer, spectrum analyzer, power meter, signal generator, noisefigure analyzer
· Experience in space-borne products
· Cost account management experience
· Active DoD Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.