Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Principal Engineer - Measurments
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employeeshave incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air andspace that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations tocome. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discoveryand our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold newideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future,and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectualcuriosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and wehave an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Ouremployees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systemsis seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented Sr. Principal Engineer locatedin Redondo Beach to support the Measurements Engineering Department workingunder the Environmental, Structures, & Test Lab Operations.
Our team supports the testing of both aircraft and spacecraft flighthardware. You will utilize your Mechanical, Electrical, and Computer skills towork with the disciplines of thermal, Dynamics, Structures and Wind TunnelTest. This opportunity is unique since you will be working in the world ofdigital data acquisition, sensors, instrumentation, and applicationsprogramming. Your diverse skills will find you working closely with floorIntegration & Test Operations teams and will require programming in multiple languages insupport of thermal, vibration, acoustic, shock, static, fatigue test hardware,and in applications involving wind tunnel data collection & reduction.
Extensive anddiverse software language background including Basic, C languages, and LabVIEW.Basic mechanical & electronics theory, good interpersonal andcommunication skills, technical writing, analytical & computational skills,self-starter, and willingness to use a “hands-on” approach to solving problems.
- Developing new software interfaces for test hardware
- Utilizing our high speed data systems
- Upgrade or maintenance of data systems
- Thermal heater control applications
- Operating load control systems
- Programming of stepper motors
- Using wireless technology
- Opportunity to work in our wind tunnels
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM related discipline plus 9 years engineering experience or Master's Degree in STEM related discipline plus 7 years engineering experience or PhD Degree in STEM related discipline plus 4 years' of engineering experience.
- Experience in Measurements engineering using data acquisition systems and load control software.
- Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S.Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a backgroundinvestigation date within 6 years, OR must have and be able to maintain anactive U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation(SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Responsible for instrumentation design and development to include strain gage design
- Data system design and development
- Experience with load control systems
- Programing of load control scripts (Basic, C , Labview)
- Test network administration
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Weare proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, makingdecisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteranstatus, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA andPay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.