Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Principal Engineer Systems
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Selected candidate will be performing the following Space Vehicle tasks in a competition sensitive OCI environment for accommodation/insertion efforts.
SE Element level requirement, verification, RAD and RvC developments
Work with segment, payload and ground projects to flowdown requirements to SE Element level and further allocate them down to subsystems and units in DOORS
Manage and maintain SE spec development and traceability in DOORS
Support IRD/ICD development to ensure accommodations have proper interfaces with SV
Support compliance requirements flowdown to ensure SV comply with design criteria and best practices
Support CONOPS and architecture developments
Support RFI/RFP evaluation and make/buy selection process
Support SV VAM selloffactivities to ensure on time delivery to AT
Support accommodationInsertion Readiness Reviews (IRRs) activities: IRR chart package generation andpresentation, coordinate SV documents update and release
Selected candidate will have other opportunities to expand into other SVSE areas of interests in addition to above tasks
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 9 years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR aMaster's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 7 years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR a PhD Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 4 years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/Defense environment
- Must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, OR must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Master's Degree in Engineering
- Experience working on military aircraft / spacecraft systems
- Experience in developing, managing, and decomposing requirements
- Experience using DOORS
- Academic and work experience should include the support of several of the following disciplines: Electrical design and analysis, functional analysis of requirements, design/integration and test, trade studies, performance analysis, interface control, and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under limited direction within the scope of an assignment and use independent judgment in determining methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to lead working groups and technical interchange meetings. Exceptional analytical problem solver and systems-level thinker.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.