Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Engineer Mechanical
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented Staff Engineer Mechanical located in Redondo Beach with responsibilities including the following:
This Position is for a senior manufacturing engineer within the Antenna and RF development organization. The candidate will lead efforts for the manufacturing engineering function statement of work on several existing and new programs. Typical responsibilities include:
• Research, design, develop and/or enhance manufacturing ConOps and processes for existing/new space products.
• Perform producibility assessments on existing/new space products and provide input to design engineering to enhance manufacturability, quality and performance.
• Generate top-level manufacturing plans and define the manufacturing approach to take flight or developmental space hardware from concept to production.
• Design tooling in support of production activities for both composite and metallic components; specifically composite components mold design and assembly fixtures.
• Assess new technologies (i.e. 3D printing/additive manufacturing) to enhance internal and external capabilities to meet the evolving needs of highly complex antenna products.
• Identify and initiate corrective action of problems, discrepancies and deficiencies to ensure requirements (technical, schedule & cost) are met and product quality is not compromised.
• Strong leadership skills, ability to lead and mentor junior engineers and technicians.
• Strong communication and presentation skills in conveying technical information to a broad audience. Interfaces with project management/IPT, RDE, SPM, customer and functional management.
• Works in a matrixed organization consisting of mechanical/electrical, stress, thermal, test, manufacturing and quality engineering.
• Provide frequent floor support to technicians and interface with quality inspectors to resolve potential issues or discrepancies with the hardware. Floor support is critical to the success of the program.
- Minimum of 14 years of experience with a Bachelors Degree in a science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) field OR 12 years with a Masters Degree OR 9 years with a PhD
- Experience one of more of the following: design, manufacturing, assembly and/or test of mechanical, electro-mechanical, antenna or similar products/hardware and technologies.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and leadership skills.
- Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
- Dept. of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years
- OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- OR Dept of Energy Q clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years.
- Master's degree in a STEM field
- CATIA V5, CREO/PRO-E or NX proficiency with design/analysis emphasis
- Composites manufacturing and composite tooling design/fabrication.
- Design and/or manufacturing of RF electronic products
- Experience with RF cable fabrication, soldering, thermal coatings and welding
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverseworkforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteranstatus, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and PayTransparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.