Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Loads Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, ouremployees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in airand space that impact people's lives around the world today, and forgenerations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advanceshuman discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people whohave bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to inventthe future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives onintellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self towork — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible.Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman AerospaceSystems has an opening for a Staff Loads Engineer to join our team ofqualified, diverse individuals located in Redondo Beach, CA.
As a Staff Loads Engineer youwill:
- provide support to airframeloads and aircraft applications
- lead the definition,analysis, and application of structural design criteria and resulting airframeloads for various aerospace projects
- be responsible for flightloads (steady state maneuvers,abrupt maneuvers, gust response, control surfacehinge moments, and aero-elastic effects); ground loads (ground handlingconditions and dynamic landing conditions); and miscellaneous loads(canopy, doors, pressurization, enginemount, external store, tie-down, and aerial refueling)
- generate and document structuraldesign criteria and create design loads
- collect the data required tobuild analysis models, conduct static and dynamic simulations, interpret andreport the results.
- participate in aircraftdevelopment program activities and will coordinate with other engineeringdisciplines for analysis inputs,design implementation details, documentation of results and interfacing withcustomers
- be responsible for performinganalyses using commercial and in-house codes and providing solutions to avariety of loads and dynamics related technical problems of moderate scope andcomplexity.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline from an ABET accredited university with 14 years of relevant professional experience, OR a Masters of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant technical discipline from an ABET accredited university with 12 years of relevant professional experience, OR a PhD in Mechanical Engineering or relevant technical discipline from an ABET accredited university with 9 years of relevant professional experience
- Expertise in commercial software such as NASTRAN, ZERO, ZONAIR, FEMAP/PATRAN and MATLAB for flutter, gust, ASE, and loads analyses
- Minimum of 10 years' experience producing flight and/or ground loads, and practical experience building analysis models to conduct static and dynamic simulations, interpret, and report results.
-Active DOD Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.