Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Standards Engineer 3
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Engineer 3, Standards Engineer Fluid Systems Component Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, CAThe selected candidate will participate in Parts Management & Standards Engineering efforts related to Fluid Systems and other mechanical part and process technologies, for both Program-specific applications and Sector-common initiatives. Under the tutelage of a lead engineer, near-term responsibilities include:
- Define and maintain the internal Specs & Standards “catalog” of Fluid System parts, process, and application manuals; Standards drawings & documentation; and the underlying infrastructure (including CAD/PDM/PLM tool suite).
- Service the system/product Design Engineering community with Standard part selection, application, and assembly/installation guidance through 1-on-1, design review, and peer review scenarios
- Service the Program's supply chain, internal manufacturing & assembly, and logistics/field support communities when Fluid System parts or process questions/issues arise
- Facilitate interaction between the Program personnel with the functional department Standards/Part specialists. Interact regularly with Program and Functional management for status & visibility
- Position is located in El Segundo. Some regional travel expected.
- BS degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field and 5 years of product development engineering experience OR
- MS degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field and 3 years of product development engineering experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret security clearance
- 3 yrs OCM/OEM work experience with Fluid Systems part/component design, development, manufacture, qualification, and application
- Working knowledge of Fluid System part selection & application at the system/design level
- Masters' Degree in Engineering
- Current DoD Secret security clearance
- Experience in an aerospace environment
- Familiarity with the Industry Fluid Systems Specs & Standards and the supplier base
- Involvement with Industry standards committees and working groups
- Proficient with contemporary PDM/PLM, CAD, and related engineering systems/tools
- Familiarity with 6 Sigma, RCCA and Lean improvement methodologies
- Demonstrated high performance in self-direction and timely completion of assignments within dynamic & high-pressure team environments
- Strong leadership qualities, strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to manage conflict
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.